The ADS-B Receiver Project is a set of bash scripts and files which can be used to setup an ADS-B receiver on a Debian derived operating system. The scripts are executed in order by the main install script depending on the installation options chosen by the user. The project originally started out as a set of scripts created for my personal use to get a feeder back up and running quickly when a catastrophic event such as a SD card going bad happened. From there the project has grown quite a bit over the last couple months and has been evolving into something bigger than I ever originally expected. The project is still quite young and is still being worked on quite a bit so if you run into any issues using the scripts let me know.
What Can Be Installed
At this time the following software can be installed using these scripts.
The ADS-B Receiver Web Portal
• Saves all flights seen as well as displays a plot for the flight. (advanced)
• Control what is displayed online via a web based administration area.
• A more uniform website site layout that can be easily navigated.
• Web accessible dump1090 and system performance graphs.
• A web accessible live dump1090 map.
• A web accessible live dump978 map.
• A blog which can be used to share your plane tracking experiences with others.
• Informs visitors when specific flights are being tracked by dump1090.
• Easily customize the look of your portal using the template system.
Supported Operating Systems
The scripts and packages have been tested on most Debian Jessie based operating systems.
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS has also been tested successfully and is now fully supported.
Obtaining And Using This Software
Download the latest ADS-B Receiver Raspbian Jessie Lite images for Raspberry Pi devices.
github.com/jprochazka/adsb-rece … ses/latest
Instructions on how to use the image can be found in the project’s wiki.
github.com/jprochazka/adsb-rece … iver-Image
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install git git clone https://github.com/jprochazka/adsb-receiver.git cd ~/adsb-receiver chmod +x install.sh ./install.sh
Updating existing installations…
cd ~/adsb-receiver git fetch --all git reset --hard origin/master ./install.sh
After doing a fresh install or updating a current installation visit the following URL to complete the installation of the portal.
After installation it is highly recommended that you delete the folder /var/www/html/admin/install/.
In order to utilize dump978 a second RTL-SDR device is required.
It is important to review the dump978 wiki page before installation.
github.com/jprochazka/adsb-rece … ng-Dump978
Special thanks go out to mgunther, dschaper, and jdwall for their direct contributions to the project on GitHub.