PiAware 3.3 coexist with other apps on a NOOB card

How can I install PiAware 3.3.0 on an existing SD card imaged with NOOBS 2.1.0 without wiping out anything existing on the SD card?
If piAware 3.3.0 can only exist on an SDCard by itself, it seems a waste of both the card and a raspberry pi - does Flight Aware really intend this??

See the package install instructions at flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/install

Thanks, should have seen that.

…but, can PiAware 3.3.0 and FlightRadar24 software be loaded on the same raspberry pi without interfering with each other?
Can they run simultaneously providing data to the 2 different servers?

Of course it can
See ads-b-flight-tracking-f21/ads-b-receiver-project-setup-scripts-t36532.html

then you can use all these on one device
Decoders
• Dump1090 (mutability): github.com/mutability/dump1090
• Dump1090 (FlightAware): github.com/flightaware/dump1090
• Dump978: github.com/mutability/dump978

Site Feeders
• FlightAware’s PiAware: flightaware.com
• Plane Finder ADS-B Client: planefinder.net
• Flightradar24 Feed: flightradar24.com
• ADS-B Exchange: adsbexchange.com

You can also add AIS, APRS,D-star, ACARS etc decoders.

WOW! Thanks A Lot Jonhawkes!

I have to admit being a newbie on raspberry pi AND ADS tracking that I’m getting a bit cross eyed at surfing the net for info.
Here I just sort of gave up and resorted to asking.

Thanks again

you can also feed to planeplotter.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I’ve got FR24 installed and working on an updated NOOB Ver 1.9.0 SD card.
I’ve downloaded all the sites & data etc. that johhawkes listed and yours, but I’ somewhat timid about screwing up a working set up.

ADS-B Xchng has an image (ADSBexchange-img-1.2.zip) which is supposed to activate ADS-B Xchng & Pi Aware, just execute it and your done - it says, but it has an old dump1090, something like Ver 1.10.

Anyone care to venture a guess if executing it will work?

…actually if it’s an .img file won’t it write over everything on the SD card??

Yes it will. Images are complete systems, you are looking for packages.

My advice is to stay with a “neutral” distribution image, install latest dump1090 mutability, and then just add the feeders that you like.

I use DietPi for a very lean distribution, but NOOBS / Raspbian should work just as well.

Then install dump1090-mutability, check that it works and provides raw data on port 30005.

Now you can install all the different feeders you like. Don’t let any one of them take over the decoding, just direct them to localhost:30005 for data.

This will provide the most flexible receiver setup, without too much dependencies on the different sites own software.

/M

Ok, Thanks, will do.

That’s the most succinct explanation of how all this works I’ve read anywhere.