RadarBox 24

Does anyone here also feed to RB24? I currently feed to FA, FR24, PF and ADSB Exchange off an RPi3. I’m ok adding another feeder but wanted to make sure I didn’t bring my current one to a screeching halt.

I feed them all, no problems …

Does the RB24 interface offer some features the others do not?

Only this one: My Station on Rdarbox24, Live

It looks like I can use the Beast config mode as well for this?

Yes, and this is default setting

cat /etc/rbfeeder.ini

[client]
network_mode=true
key= xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
stn= EXTRPIxxxxxx

[network]
mode=raw
external_host=127.0.0.1
external_port=30005

Please see details here:
https://www.radarbox24.com/raspberry-pi/guide

1 Like

Meaning it should work right out of the box with no special config (unlike the FR24 stuff). I may still backup my SD card just in case.

Just got it working in no time flat! Now just to get the Elite app working on my Android device!

I never installed or used their app. To see my stats and VRS-like range plot, I use my Android Phone’s Browser, using address:

http://www.radarbox24.com/stations/EXTRPI000008

To see your station’s stats, you can use same address, but replace 000008 by your 6-digit station number.

One can install both softwares on the same PI3 and share the USB port? I currently have both running, but on seperate PIs, antennae etc.

@ve4gls

1. Yes, you can install both feeders on same Pi.
  2. What do you mean by share the USB port?

I have:

• One antenna
  • One DVBT (ProStick)
  • One dump1090
  • One Pi

and have installed on the same Pi:

• Flightaware feeder
  • Flightradar24 feeder
  • Radarbox24 feeder
  • Planefinder feeder
  • Adsbexchange feeder
4 Likes

Yep… played with it after I posted and seems to work fine using the same sdr dongle, same pi, etc. Now similar coverage for both FlightAware and Radarbox24.
Morris, MB - Canada Station - AirNav RadarBox - Global Flight Tracking Intelligence | Live Flight Tracker and Airport Status
-In case anyone wants to know. :slightly_smiling_face:

No other stations close by (one in Brandon) so no way to triangulate MLAT data on RB24. NEED MORE STATIONS!!

Any preference for other feeder sites (you have three listed I am not using so far) other than this one which is of course the best!

Also my bandwidth is somewhat limited for uplinking data, would adding more feeders create much more traffic? Max uplink here is about 200-400kb.sec. through our WISP.

1 Like

Yes, I’m feeding to RB24 (in addition to PF, FA, FR24, ADSB Exchange, OpenSky, ADSBHub), so to seven different organizations in all. Seems to be all running OK.

My main concern with RB24 is that, when doing a “sudo apt-get update”, there is the following report about their distribution configuration:

Reading package lists… Done
W: GPG error: http://apt.rb24.com stretch InRelease: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY F2A8428D3C354953
W: The repository ‘http://apt.rb24.com stretch InRelease’ is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can’t be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

My other issue with RB24 is that I applied for access to their AirNav Systems forum two weeks ago, but nobody has approved/enabled my forum account yet.

@warby2010
NOTE: In code below, scroll to right to see code lines in full. The end may not be visible without scrolling.

# Import Radarbox24 key to apt-key
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://p80.pool.sks-keyservers.net:80 --recv-keys 1D043681

# Move old source
sudo /bin/rm -f /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rb24.list

# Create a new debian repository source file
sudo echo 'deb https://apt.rb24.com/ rpi-stable main' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rb24.list

# Update
sudo apt-get update

1 Like

Thank you kindly abcd567. This fixed it for me. Best, Andreas

Contact the admin directly via email. Had the same thing here, have access to post now.
-G.

1 Like

Thanks ve4gls, that worked. (BTW, long ago, I was ve3wbt :slight_smile: ) Cheers, Andreas

2 Likes

I am trying to install RadarBox24 in addition to piaware. I ran the script and it said successful instillation, but when I try to run any of the “rbfeeder” scripts it says “command not found”. Any one know what to do? Thanks!

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rbfeeder

If it asks any question / permission, type y , then press Enter key

1 Like

If able, copy and paste the command you typed in and the following error message and paste them here.

Looking at their script, it always says “Installation finished” no matter if errors occurred along the way.
So follow the commands @abcd567 suggested and it will hopefully fix itself.

Oh and just to make sure:
Don’t run
sudo rbfeeder --set-net-work-mode off
You want the network mode on because your dump1090-fa is already talking to the Dongle and if you used network-mode off they would start fighting over it :wink:

2 Likes