Unable to update site configuration after upgrade to 8.2

just put a new 8.2 image on my card(upgraded from 6.). still not working properly. Local dashboard says piaware feeder, 1090 receiver and flight aware feed all good, but flightaware says I am still on 6.1 and that there is no cdata coming from my site. tried doing a upgrade command from site config menu but nothing happens. What am I missing?

Did you forget to put your old feeder-id into the new feeder?
If you forgot then you have probably created a new, unclaimed site.
See here for how to put the old feeder-id in:

I will check again but I think I am using the same site id. I was following the instructions provided. I installed the latest image on a sd card. I amended the config file as required. It seems as though the flightaware servers still think I am running 6.1. The dashboard on my end shows everything working except mlat. I thought I might force some sort of upgrade or reset by using the site config menu, but that menu does nothing. I don’t think any data is actually going out to flightaware.

What is the version of dump1090? Is it running?

What is the easiest way of finding that info. Are there any guides doing a remote terminal/ssh into the device?

dump1090 version doesn’t matter, you used the most current piaware image …

roystonsleddog ADS-B Feeder Statistics - FlightAware

It would seem you claimed a new station instead of using the old key.

Easiest to remove power and then set the old feeder-id on the sd-card:
For Beginners - How to Get Back Existing Station Number in A Fresh Install - #8 by abcd567

SSH (just for completeness: For Beginners - How-to SSH to RPi - Setup Putty in Windows)
SSH is also enabled on the sd-card, so if you are gonna use it you might want to enable it while you set the feeder-id.
In that case it’s best to also change the password.
(Once you’re connected via ssh, the feeder-id can be changed like this: For Beginners - How to Get Back Existing Station Number in A Fresh Install - #6 by abcd567 )

Thanks. I had not entered the feeder id as you stated. Appears to be working now.