Running ADBS 6.0 trying to update to 8.2

Using the website go to my adsb then open the site settings. Click on update and restart. All looks to work well but after refreshing the website still running 6.0. Hard stop and cold start the Raspberry PI does not work either…
Any assistance is appreciated!

Get yourself a spare SD card and start with a clean install.

2 Likes

Thanks! Wanted to avoid that but will do! New learning experience!

1 Like

Yeah, I understand, but with a new card, you can set it up while it’s in a PC and just swap cards in a single visit.
If you’ve made an error (or don’t like it etc.) you can swap back to a known working card while sorting out the problems.

1 Like

Again, thank you for the tips and positive boost!

Will let you know the outcome… Have to get to Microcenter to get several SD cards. Have a spare PI 4 that needs a new card.

1 Like

Also while running your old system, write down the old Unique Identifier information on the system. Mine looks like this on the FlightAware User page:

Unique Identifier: e6f48ef4-4508-421d-8c37-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Then edit the /boot/piaware-configure.txt file and add the following at the file end:
#feeder-id e6f48ef4-4508-421d-8c37-xxxxxxxxxxxx

Of course use the real Unique Identifier information from your old system, might work better than xxx’s.

Lots of other posts here on setting up a new system and keeping your old stats. Also recommend you add @wiedehopf ’s graphs1090. Those graphs help you make your system easy to improve.

Whatever you do, have fun and enjoy. Nice improvements since 6.0 too!

Following command will output existing feeder-id on

• RaspberryPi OS image with package install
  • Piaware SD card image

cat /var/cache/piaware/feeder_id

For Beginners - How to Get Back Existing Station Number in A Fresh Install

For Beginners - Piaware Feeder-id Mechanism

1 Like

New installs are pretty quick.

If you want to keep your old account details ( not essential) then after installation just get your Unique Identifier number from your stats page

Manually edit the /etc/piaware.conf file

On the last free line enter enter feeder-id followed by space then that long ID number.

Reboot then all data still remains.

Geoff

1 Like

Thanks! Getting all parts required together today!

1 Like

WOW! Yes! Quick and easy! Up and running with Piaware 8.2!

Thanks for the positive feedback!

UP and RUNNING! Picked up 2 new SD cards, installed the latest Piaware. Pulled the old SD, pushed in the new SD waited 5 mins and WOW!

THANKS for the assist!

ps – as I was putting up the spare SD and the along with the old one, found another spare I had with my spare Pi 4! So worked out all the way around.
On to the next project!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.