Changing SD Cards

At the time, I only had a 4gb micro sd card to use. It seems to be working fine. I have since come across a 16 gb card. I put the software on it and exchanged the 2 last night. The new bigger card does not seem to work. What do I need to do?

I was wanting to go to a bigger card so that I could eventually install Virtual Radar Server to keep track of all planes that I am seeing. Thanks.

1 Like

Jeff,
What do you mean by doesn’t work?

Did you expand the file system size?
run
sudo raspi-config
select expand file system.

Look in the system log file for hints
/var/log/messages

I see you sending data to
http://flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/tnfishdaddy

Your unique site ID needs to be moved over from your old SD card to your new one.
If you don’t move over the ID the new SD card will run as new anonymous site with a new site ID.

You can get your unique site ID number on your ADSB stats page.

You can enter the ID in your piaware-config.txt file by adding a new line with the following:

feeder-id 12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789abc

or SSH and enter on the command line

piaware-config feeder-id 12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789abc

2 Likes

Sounds like the unique site id is the problem. I did not do that. Where do I type:

feeder-id 7dc4b6ff-e829-4df0-8b14-6a46eadf72ca

and is this the way to type it, with a space between feeder-id and my number?

You can take the new SD card and put it in your Desktop or Laptop. Look for a file called piaware-config.txt and open it with a text editor.

Anywhere in the file make a new line with nothing else on that line but the feeder-id and the number. You need the space between feeder-id and the number. This line can be anywhere inside the file.

feeder-id 12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789abc

Replace the number with the unique ID that is on your ADSB stats page.

2 Likes