Reactivating an old receiver station from about a year ago -- all is working now!

I’m trying to get my old receiver station working again after having it offline for about a year. It appears to be running, but I am not seeing any stats associated with the last registered feeder ID that shows up when I run piaware-status. My flightaware stats page shows “No Such ADS-B Site”, and the claim page says: “Unfortunately, FlightAware hasn’t found a new, unclaimed PiAware feeder to claim.”. Also, piaware-status shows everything running except for fa-mlat-client. Any idea what’s wrong?

I see that my old site was removed due to inactivity after 30 days, according to this faq: https://flightaware.com/adsb/faq#removesite. So how do I establish a new one?

I saw this posting: For Beginners - How to Get Back Existing Station Number in A Fresh Install, but the feeder ID that I last used is still configured in the piaware that is running. In this case, I’m trying to run an “old” install that was unused for over a year.

piaware status:
pi@raspberry:~ $ sudo piaware-status
PiAware master process (piaware) is running with pid 26846.
PiAware ADS-B client (faup1090) is running with pid 27016.
PiAware mlat client (fa-mlat-client) is not running.
Local ADS-B receiver (dump1090-fa) is running with pid 436.

dump1090-fa (pid 436) is listening for connections on port 30005.
faup1090 is connected to the ADS-B receiver.
piaware is connected to FlightAware.

dump1090 is producing data on localhost:30005.

Thanks in advance.

Never mind! Found the solution here:

Not seeing any positions!! Is that possible (no air traffic around SFO)?

Remember that you can always to to the main FlightAware page (flightaware.com) and zoom in to your location to get an idea which aircraft you should be seeing.

Bizarrely, it actually looks like there isn’t anything going on at SFO right now. I can’t remember ever seeing anything like that.

1 Like

Easiest - wait until there is something you “should” be able to here.

Suggest you edit your post above and remove/ obfuscate your UUID. If someone else uses it, you’ll never know why site behaves strangely.

1 Like

Thanks for that tip. Now I’m seeing positions. Not sure what the problem was, but now everything looks good. All problems resolved!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.