Tracking by Aircrafttype

Hi, I was wondering if you could put the new feature, tracking by aircrafttype, on the left side under flighttracker. :bulb: Preferable under Flight/ Tail # ?
In my opinion that would make the most sense and would also be available real easy.
I think this feature is going to be used greatly and should be ready handily.

Thanks, Mike :laughing:

Hi Mike,

Not sure if you considered bookmarking (add to favorites) flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/

After accessing this page, then click on the type of plane you are interested in looking at.

This gets you easy access to what you are asking for without having to clutter up the left side with the vast options that are available in Flight Aware.

Allen

I’d like to see also a quick link to Fleet Tracking on the left side of the FA (and discussion) pages. I don’t think adding a couple more entry fields would be considered “cluttering”.

However, there’s an alternate compromise that even Allen might not call “cluttering”. FA could add internal bookmarks to the left side in the blue section for ‘Aircraft Type’ and ‘Fleet Tracking’. That would add only about 1/2 inch to the height of the blue section.

And I vanna toilet made of solid gold but it’s just not in the cards, now is it?

One of the advantages of placing a link to aircraft type (or any other link) on the link toolbar is that you never have to scroll up to get to the link on the left hand side.

Even if it’s not in the cards just now, it never ever would be if no one asked for it.

[quote=Dami]One of the advantages of placing a link to aircraft type (or any other link) on the link toolbar is that you never have to scroll up to get to the link on the left hand side.
[/quote]

One of the disadvantages of linking from the link toolbar is that it gets lost among the numerous other links there or it falls into a drop-down menu, which is really a nuisance. Besides, if we would disable that drop-down menu, the size of the link toolbar would soon surpass the size of the scrolling window.

[quote=“tobyz1”]

[quote=Dami]One of the advantages of placing a link to aircraft type (or any other link) on the link toolbar is that you never have to scroll up to get to the link on the left hand side.

One of the disadvantages of linking from the link toolbar is that it gets lost among the numerous other links there or it falls into a drop-down menu, which is really[/quote]

a nuisance. Besides, if we would disable that drop-down menu, the size of the link toolbar would soon surpass the size of the scrolling window.

That’s why (1) you put just the most frequently used bookmarks in the toolbar. (2) You abbreviate the name to the shortest possible. (3) You type in the first few letters of the address in the address bar and, if you have it set up right, the URL appears.[/quote]

[quote=“damiross”]

a nuisance. Besides, if we would disable that drop-down menu, the size of the link toolbar would soon surpass the size of the scrolling window.

That’s why (1) you put just the most frequently used bookmarks in the toolbar. (2) You abbreviate the name to the shortest possible. (3) You type in the first few letters of the address in the address bar and, if you have it set up right, the URL appears.

“That’s why (1) you put just the most frequently used bookmarks in the toolbar.” EXACTLY my point! “Aircraft Type” and “Fleet Tracking” don’t make even my top 100 bookmarks. That’s why I’d argue that it should be an internal FA page link in the blue section, just as “Statistics” and “Resources” are.[/quote]

i argued this same thing in another post when the aircraft type feature was added. The links to these features need to be more visible. My argument was shot down as it is here and i gave up. The links dont even need to be added to the left side naviagtion. At least add them to the live tracking page, you click on live tracking go that page and then have a link to aircraft type and other features. I dont see the problem with this.

Agree they need to be more visible. We’re going to add them to /live/ and also have a customizable left side toolbar.

Sounds like an excellent solution, Daniel.