Too funny...

Thought I’d share this with you guys. Cant imagine why this guy didnt initiate a go-around :laughing:

Just FYI. St Bart’s is 2100ft with only 1650 usable. It’s all about airspeed when you arrive over the numbers. He had way too much. His abort should have started well before the numbers though. If he was going that fast over the numbers then he was too fast (or high, or both) on short final to a 1650 runway. That’s what they mean by thinking ahead of the airplane. I wonder what the landing roll was for that plane under the conditions that day at normal speed and 10 to 15 knots faster? I’m sure someone has figured it out.

The POH charts! Remember how much more % runway you need at any given airspeed above “normal” approach. Know your numbers. At least he didn’t have to pay for a cab to the beach.

Funny. I watched the end of that on TV several weeks ago. :laughing: :laughing:

Why is that funny?

I guess it is not funny, but to me it is funny that he could have stopped that from happening, and didn’t…

Yeah, Things happen fast and there but for… and who knows, maybe he didn’t have the fuel to go around, or he had a bad engine, or maybe he was a she, and you heard what MeekRN said about female bathroom breaks. :wink:

HAHAHA! :laughing: :laughing: Ya, did not think about fuel.

What is the airport code there?

TFFJ

Because no one was hurt or killed.

Insurance company prolly wasn’t laughing :stuck_out_tongue:

Any landing you can walk away from is a good one?

Can that video be used against the pilot in anyway?

There ya go!

Cameraman’s comment: “That kind’a… blows?”

Used up 2/3 of a short runway floating… The dude just couldn’t wait to hit the beach!

This was on Jay Leno the other night.

I’m most impressed at the sand’s retardability.

Are you calling the sand a retard? :smiley:

If he isn’t, i am.

You may hurt his feelings.