Speed and Altitude

Just joined today, and I have noticed that all speed and altitude figures on my flight maps are metric. Is there any way to change them to Knots and Feet or F/L.
Thanks

On your Piaware Skyview screen, click on the UNITS arrow to the right of the box, and change it to Imperial, that will give you MPH and flight altitude in FEET. AERONAUTICAL will give you distance in Nautical miles and speed in knots. METRIC will show speed in kt/h, and altitude in Meters…

KB4ERT

Thanks for the reply and information, and apologies for my late reply.

Well, I’m curious, did the info help you?

KB4ERT

I replied to your solution to my question yesterday. Sorry if I did not make myself clear, but yes, It did resolve the problem.

Thanks again,

Neil

Regarding the Alt/FL thing, despite the software reporting “alt” the actual figure given is always a FL no matter the altitude. This is because the aircraft transponder always transmits altitude referenced to 1013mb.

I have reloaded flightaware app in my iPhone, with my account details but still no ability to change speed to Knots and altitudes to feet

This was a thread for the SkyAware web interface for users who are feeding ADS-B signals to Flight Aware.

For your situation, however, I can advise you:

1. Swipe the search bar downward so that it reveals the menu button (looks like three dots in the top-right corner).
  2. Select “My Account.”
  3. Select the menu option “Flight.”
  4. Change your speed, altitude, and distance options as you prefer.

Thank you for the advice.

I have to advise that following your instructions below, swiping down does give access to my account but there is no “Flight“ option in my account, only ADS-B and a box to remove ads which leads me to options to upgrade to monthly or yearly plans.

Will probably dump the App as the previous version of the app was able to convert the units to real aviation world units ie knots and feet, and will now just rely on Flight Radar 24.

Thanks again.

Kevin Smith

Melbourne, Australia.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.