problems with FlightFeeder installation

i’d like to receive some help with the installation of the flightfeeder I’ve received.
All the hardware conection are done but I don’t know what else to do in order to start transmiting, and I can’t register the flightfeeder, I wirte my latittude and longitude with the 4 numbers serial and an error with that information is shown.

please, some help here in order to start transmitting information from Bolivia

Fernando Ruiz Vera

Hi, Fernando. We will investigate and respond today. -karl

thanks in advance!

Also if you can hook a HDMI monitor to the system and power it up so we can see which subsystem is having trouble.

That way we can figure out where the system is failing.

Hi, good day!

Yesterday I received my FlightFeeder (SN#1188)…

I installed the antena hardware and is ready, but when i try to installl the box connecting the 110V mini usb power supply, Nothing happens…

I connect the Ethernet Cable but the LEDS stay off…

So as nothing happens… I ltry to connect the Mini USB Power Supply to mi tablet and no charge the tablet battery (the output of the supply its the same Volts and Amps as my tablet AC mini usb adapter)…

Then I try to use the tablet AC power suply to the box, and looking for the little equipment slots, i see that some green LED lights turn on, but the Ethernet Slot led indicator stays off and the router leds indicator also stays off, so i change the ethernet cable and nothing happens.

So looking another posts here I decided to connect an HDMI cable to the box and a TV, and I see the next: first is a display of colors, and after a series of data are appears fast as turning on an old PC, then without stopping, colorf screen appears again and another yet the data and again and again…

Thanks for your help

Is this the boot screen you see when you power up the FlightFeeder?

raspians.com/Knowledgebase/p … up-issues/

We had some problems with the microSD card coming loose during transit. This might be the cause of the system not booting.

If you can unscrew the case and find the microSD card and push it back into the slot it hopefully should fix this problem.

The other problem might be the power supply is not able to supply enough power to the device.

We use 1.8A power supply even though the device only requires above 1A to run. The FlightFeeder can be powered by any cell phone type power supply as long as it can supply just over 1A.

Hi David and sorry about my english…

I followed your recommendations for the SD card and the problem continues…

also as part of the tests I’ve done I disconnected the antena receiver electronic board card that connects via USB, doing this and energized the main card and conecting the ethernet cable the system starts without any problems , but obviously the receiver is not connected.

Any Idea?
:confused:

About for sure this means the power supply isn’t producing enough power to run the computer and the radio. You’re using the one we shipped? It should have ample power. There may be something wrong with it. We’ll ship you another one.

Another thing you can check if the receiver board doesn’t have enough power is that the power LED will blink. The power LED on the receiver is labeled D1. It is located near the vertical connector. If the system has enough power it should be solid green.

I can send you a new power supply.

Dave i sent you a private message … I hope you can check it … greetings

Hi David, Good Evening

As i tell you i´ve doing some simple test and finally connectin a 1Amp 5V mini usb Power Suply (brand “Energizer”) the system its woorking and all the leds in both electronic boards are aparently ok… D1 led is solid green… but i don´t receving any airplane signal…

Connecting the HDMI you see diferent options like Radio / Ethernet / Gateway / FlightAware… etc… In this case almost all this items have a green background, exept the Radio item, wich have a red background, both boards connected and all leds working aparently Ok… The Radio board tree leds that are toguether are solid green

On another post i´ve read that this could be a firmware bug and should be automatically corrected, or work together to fix it… Sn is 1188

Thanks and we are in contact…

Our system is showing that your box has pulled in the new firmware update.

If you have any more problems you can use
flightfeeder@flightaware.com

[quote=“david.baker”]Our system is showing that your box has pulled in the new firmware update.

If you have any more problems you can use
flightfeeder@flightaware.com
[/quote]

Hi David,
My Flightfeeder isnt transmitting any data, nor can I logon to the web management portal. What do you suggest I do? Could it be a problem with the microsd card?

Hi David,
My Flightfeeder isnt transmitting any data, nor can I logon to the web management portal. What do you suggest I do? Could it be a problem with the microsd card?
[/quote]

The my box too… status in hdmi appear red in flightaware but rest is green.

Today we found the problem with a limited number of FF units that are unable to connect to FlightAware. You should have received an email that we’ve identified your unit as being impacted and the fix instructions will be coming on Tuesday. If you didn’t receive that email please let us know.

I received two kits that are in this situation then.
In HDMI, only the label FlightAware which is red.
I did not get this email I received that identifies a faulty batch.

regards