Planes visible overhead not showing up on map

I live in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. I have been concerned about chemtrails for a while now. We seem to be getting bombarded with chemicals. Yesterday for example, I counted at least a dozen planes that are leaving chemtrails in the sky. I have seen them 3 or 4 at a time, each on a parallel course spraying I don’t know what. You see them run out of chemicals and the trail abruptly stops. Everytime I check flighaware to get information on these planes no information is available. What reasons would there be for planes not to show up on the map? Government? Military? What kind of exception would be needed. Thank You.

Those are not chemtrails.
Are just clouds made by water condensation from engines exhaust. They eventually dissipate.

2 Likes

Your receiver depends on the signals of the ADS-B transmitter which are on board of these aircraft.
So, there are different reasons why they are not showing up.

Your receiver depends on the signals of the ADS-B transmitter which are on board of these aircraft.
So, there are different reasons why they are not showing up.

Thanks. I’m new to this. I didn’t know I needed a receiver. I thought all the planes would be seen through the website map. I guess I need to study some. I definitely want to track these planes if I can.

Which map? If you’re referring to the ADS-B map generated by an ADS-B receiver, it could be an aircraft that is not transmitting signals. If it’s on the regular map at flightaware, it could be because the owners of the aircraft requested to be hidden from view. In that case, they may appear on the ADS-B map but not on the FA map.

Oh, you do not have one. I thought it is.

But the reasons are the same. Flightaware map is aggregating data from the feeders which receive the ADS-B Signals.
In addition Flightaware filters Aircraft based on different reasons (e.g. Military).

If you want to have an unfiltered view, you might take a look at www.adsbexchange.com
However these are not filtered, but also depend on the ADS-B data. If the aircraft does not transmit it, you will not find it on the map.

See my comment above. I was under the impression he’s using a map on his own. There are many reasons why an aircraft does not show up (neither on FA, nor on other sites where the secondary radar ADS-B is used)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.