Piaware feeds updating?

According to my ADS-B page, feeder check-in was less than a minute ago. However it seems the number of positions reported hasn’t been updated in a couple of hours, at least. Everything OK?

From the stats my systems collect, looks like published PiAware stats stopped updating between 1200 and 1300 UTC, but the data feeds are continuing.

I expect they’ll get it straightened out soon; maintaining systems like this is a challenge (and I’m glad I don’t have to do it anymore).

bob k6rtm

Same here. I also don’t see any updates since about 1200 UTC.

/tmp/piaware.out does not show any issues, only reporting positions.

I agree bob, it’s a real challenge to maintain a system like flightaware dealing with so many data sources. And I share your trust in the guys running it. As said, I the past they were really fast in fixing issues like this. :smiley:

They must have reset something. I had ~100 seen for the day, and now, the total is 6. . . . BTW, 6000 flights canceled because of the snow storm.

There was an interruption in stats processing about 1200 UTC for piaware users. We are re-processing that old data now and hope to have it caught up by midnight UTC.

many thanks for the update – my 2000 UTC snapshot showed updated PiAware data, and the stats kept by piaware show continuous data feed too FlightAware through the period.

I just got an email saying my PiAware is not feeding FA and hasn’t been connected since 8:07AM. My states say I was online less than a minute ago.

Same here. I’m assuming I need to do nothing, since from my end things are working.

I got the email too, mine said 7:07AM. I’m on CST.

Hi,

I ahve changed my antenna yesterday, and was monitoring my stats to check how much improvement there was from before. I had about 860 plane count for today at noon, and when I checked again this evening the counter was back to 13.

What happened? Will the stats get back to normal? Is there something wrong with my install?

Regards,

There was an interruption in stats processing about 1200 UTC for piaware users. We are re-processing that old data now and hope to have it caught up by midnight UTC.

Sorry for the confusion.

Just an update… Although we are now showing live data on the stats pages, plus most of the data from Jan 26 UTC data, there is still a gap of a few hours in Jan 26 that are still not yet included. We are having to re-process Jan 26 again due to some data inconsistencies that we encountered, but it should be completed later tonight.

Everything is caught up again, and there are now additional improvements to minimize the same problem in the future. Thanks for your patience!

I like the attitude of the people at FA, apologising for the user stats not being promptly updated :slight_smile:

• so different from the Nordic crowd who don’t want you to be able to identify your contribution - they think you should feed for the same warm feeling you get when you wet yourself wearing black trousers … when only you know what you’re smiling about :frowning: