Server issue: Data Feed: Today - about 2 hours ago

Everyone in my area, including myself, are “live” for Feeder Check-in, but the Data feed was last seen about two hours ago. Something server side appears to have issues.

Same here. Will have to see if it resolves itself soon.

Same here as of 9pm EST.

Been this way for almost 5 hours. I’m seeing ALL kinds of traffic and it’s not getting transferred up to the servers. Restarted Piaware and it’s still working properly. Must be a server issue. Sigh… Now, we wait.

Same here – as of 2200 PST, says nothing seen in 9 hours, but feed status is LIVE. Pi is up is transmitting to FA.

I am also out… but noticed the “Coverage Distribution” wedges are updating so maybe the data is going in just not updating the page.

Getting no data here in the Memphis area (KMEM/MEM). It’s been this way since about 9 p.m. or so. I am seeing aircraft being received by viewing my PiAware’s map, but they are not registering in my count, and the two other PiAware folks in my area are “live” but have stats that have not changed either.

Data Feed last seen 12 hours ago. Data Check in 2 minutes ago here in Aussie. Planes are showing on map and are now showing on daily stats.

another stuff up from the boy wonders at fight aware is about time they employed people there that know what they are doing between this and their constant update screw ups its its all becoming a bit of a joke one step forward 2 steps back ,I know its free but is the worst free software I have ever used am getting close to dumping it hope they handle there comersual side better than ths

Data Feed: Today - about 14 hours ago
Feeder Check-in: Live - 4 minutes ago
Web interface: view live data - works fine, Data feed to FR24 its OK, Data feed to PP &VRS its too OK.
My Feeder Type: PiAware (Debian Package Add-on) 1.19

In my local area it seems that all the PlanePlotter feeds are fine whereas all the PiAware feeders (including mine) are unresponsive. Not sure if it’s the fault of PiAware though.

Wait, what? It’s a minor stats problem, not the end of the world. The quid pro quo is that you get access to some of FlightAware’s paid-for features in exchange for providing a data feed. Have those features broken for you?

Why is everyone so hung up on a few minutes or hours of missing stats? It is not a competition. You provide data to FA and they give you extra services beyond what a normal user gets. Those extra services work fine.

Marty

+1 on this, obj.

Take it easy, kurt19502002. You realized you volunteered to be a feeder, right? The team at FA are humans too, and they’re growing this feature pretty rapidly. Of course there’s going to be a hiccup or two every now and then.

Glad to see I’m not the only one with the “Data Feed” issue. My “Aircraft Seen” counter DOES increase, so I think this is a minor bug.

Personally, I have had good interaction with the FA crew. Quick with issues and feature requests. I have learned not to be quick on the trigger with a rev update, but alls good. :smiley: To me it’s all part of the experience.

That said:
Data Feed: Today - about 16 hours ago
Feeder Check-in: Live - 2 minutes ago
Feeder Type: PiAware (Debian Package Add-on) 1.19

I agree. I’m sure that this is just some kind of database or server issue. I’m sure the data is being sent and stored somewhere, but for some reason, the database query or web page that shows each individual’s flights is broken. These things happen and I’m sure that they will clear it up as soon as they catch wind of it.

I’m making the assumption that FlightAware’s data centers are at the corporate offices, which are located in Houston, TX. If so, it’s only 7:42am there. I doubt the IT guys have even ingested enough coffee to be on it yet this morning. They’ll get it fixed.

Data Feed: Today - about 18 hours ago
Feeder Check-in: Live - about 1 minute ago
Longest Streak: 14 days (27-Dec-2014 - Today)

Feeder Type: PiAware (Debian Package Add-on) 1.19

WTF?

Someone must have pissed in his Wheaties… jeez.

Seems to be working again. Just remember, this is just a hobby and I’m having fun with it.