PA46

What is the difference between the PA46/A and PA46/G? I have noticed my FIL has both, but I know it is the same aircraft. I could ask him, but it is more fun to ask on here.

When filed with /G it tells ATC you are GPS equipped and the /A is Transponder with Mode C and DME equipped

It depends mostly on who is filing the flight plan, you can look up many call signs and a majority of them will be listed with different suffix’s

If you place the cursor over the aircraft type, you’ll see the difference in your father-in-law’s aircraft is just the type of navigation gear being used.

(Yes, I could have said FIL but I really hate useless and seldomly used abbreviations :imp: )

Turn away from the Dark Side and embrace the abbreviations!

(And they’re hardly seldom used as FIL, MIL, BIL or SIL are ubiquitous on the WWW.)

James

Ah, the joys of lvng in my own world, where abbr. aren’t used. :slight_smile:

Actually, I never heard or saw the FIL, MIL, etc., abbreviations until you brought them up in a posting that I saw a few weeks ago.

Addendum:

Oh, the inhumanity of it all! I just came across one of the dreaded “IL” abbreviations in the form of SIL on a forum site at lucianne.com (look under the replies on the Kennedy story).

Actually, I had never seen them either. I’m not a big user of forums outside of FA.

In addition to that, my BAW(IMHO) is a NFS, I have no FIL or KIL, and my MIL lives OOC. IGIL, FWIW.

But I guess I can live with 'em. TTYL!

Thanks for the info…

I now give you (again) the greatest compilation (C…O…M…ah, heck, it looks right) of abbreviations ever…

“Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how
the VP is such a VIP…shouldn’t we keep the PC on the QT,
'cause if it leaks to the VC…he could end up an MIA,
and then we’d all be put on KP.”

Thank you Robin Williams!!!