So I am by no means a computer guru but I am able to get almost any technical issue sorted out with enough blogs, YouTube instructional vids, and by otherwise just hunting and poking until finding success. Well, not this time and after having been up and running at my FL home since very early this year with the FlightAware FlightFeeder box provided by them, I really have missed the level of detail I have there so I decided to move forward with putting up an antenae here at my Chicago place. Of course, they won’t offer me another one for here because coverage isn’t an issue so I paid the $200 for the PiAware prebuilt kit and have had it for over a week now and probably have spend no less than 20 hours trying to make it work, still to no avail.
When I go here:
I get this:
PiAware - Claim and Link a Brand New PiAware Ground Station
Unfortunately, FlightAware hasn’t found a new, unclaimed PiAware feeder to claim.
FlightAware searches for PiAware connections on the same global IP (184.108.40.206) as your connection. If you are on the same LAN as the PiAware device, then we should be able to find the receiver and claim it for you. You should wait a few minutes after plugging in your PiAware device before expecting it to be connected to FlightAware. Try checking cable connections, waiting a few moments, and trying again.
If you are unable to use the automatic claim feature, please contact ADS-B Support.
Now I did call FA last week and actually what the website says is not true because they do NOT provide technical support to PiAware users or at least the nice gal I spoke to told me they do not…so here I sit and figured (as hard as it was), I need to admit my challenger and see if anyone (more the better) would be interested in accepting the challenge to provide some tips and tricks which I can use to get this site up and feeding data to FA. I was under the impression it would be easy like the box they send, but not so much the case at all.
I am all ears for all helpful suggestions, so fire away!