Nascar Airplanes

Well, maybe we can stay on subject here.

N1TY (was N19AJ) citation 550 is flying the NASCAR circuit. Registered out of Gulfport, Mississippi. Maybe related, maybe not?

2 Likes

I’ve asked this before, but maybe I’ll try again

Anyone know who 550SW is? It flies the Nascar circuit out of Atlantic City and is registered to Chieftain LLC. I was thinking it might belong to the Truex family because of the New Jersey connection, and their business is

1 Like

Truex family

Good Guess. Maybe. I have seen video of Martin flying on the DEI King Air before. But this could also be.

I’d thought it might actually be the plane Martin’s father takes to the races, and Martin flies on the DEI planes.
The plane usually flies in on Saturdays or Sunday mornings to the tracks.

[quote=“Basspro8218”]
I’ve asked this before, but maybe I’ll try again

Anyone know who 550SW is? It flies the Nascar circuit out of Atlantic City and is registered to Chieftain LLC. I was thinking it might belong to the Truex family because of the New Jersey connection, and their business is

Some of the teams are testing at the local speedway. DEI, Roush Fenway and Wallace racing. N500DE is here some I’m assuming that could be Truex or Jeff E. Does anyone know who might be using N1JM or N101CS?[/quote]

N1JM - could it be Jeremy Mayfield?

It must be Jaime McMurray’s. He, Carl Edwards, Chase Austin, Jr., Truex, Jeff Earnhardt, Paul Menard and Steve Wallace are testing.

DEI is not supposed to be there until tomorrow but N500DE land this morning.

N22BD and N919EM are both in Atlanta (4A7) testing the COT at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

N1JM or N101CS?

N1JM - Jamie Mcmurray - JM500 LLC

N101CS - Profile Aviation (Charter company out of Hickory NC) - Long been rumored to be Casey Mears plane of choice.

Also all of N400RE, N919RE, N919EM

N71761

N138DE landed this morning. Either DEI sent up several aircrafts or this is the aircraft that Dale Jr. flew in on.

Drivers that tested yesterday were Jaime McMurray, Chase Austin, Paul Menard and Steve Wallace. These planes landed yesterday morning, N1JM, N101CS and N500DE. It’s looking like Wallace and Austin might have come in on N101CS.

Basspro, you are right about n550SW. The faa dbase has the address at 242 S REHOBOTH BLVD, Milford, DE home of SeaWatch International, Ltc.

By the way, during college in Springfield, MO I worked at Basspro HQ. Sat in John Morris’ office a few times… Times have changed and so has BP.

Looks like Jamie Mcmurray has either been learning how to fly and bought himself a small plane, or just wanted a one.:

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/nnumsql.asp?NNumbertxt=645SR

Seen at the race in Loudon this past weekend, parked in Concord, NH (KCON):
N24JG - Jeff Gordon
N116GN - Greg Biffle - Dassault Falcon 20
N88DJ - Dale Jarret - Cessna Citation III
N100R - owned by Nascar, not sure who’s on it though.

N116GN - Greg Biffle - Dassault Falcon 20

Should be N116GB

Also N6M has authorized changed to N302CJ. Could be a new one coming?

Looked to see if N88JR is available and it is already issued. Wonder what combination they will find for N8JR

N166GC and N168GC habe not moved for a few weeks. Wonder if they are being changed to another team, or if they will be sold?

Looks like N388JR in on hold! JRM Air out of Mooresville used to own it!

Jeff Gordon - N24JG
Found this in an ESPN article

“Gone is the yacht, along with its pricey full-time crew. And instead of employing two pilots and a mechanic for his Hawker 800, he now leaves it to the care of JetNetwork, an on-demand airborne motor pool. There is no longer a personal assistant, nanny, cook or maid on staff; it’s just Mom, Dad and baby at home.”

Also N6M has authorized changed to N302CJ. Could be a new one coming?

It looks like Mark does not like his new aircraft. He just got it the end of last season. The CJ in the pending registration refers to Cessna Jet. It was a CJ registration prior to him changing it to the N6M last year.
Sure looks like he is giving it back to Cessna.

Just as an added factoid, the USA Jet DC9 that flies as part of the NASCAR Air Force flies the RedBull team around.

Or…maybe it’s because he doesn’t drive the #6 anymore…A change to N302CJ would be fitting… as his airplane is serial# 302 (525A0302) in Cessna’s CJ2 (C525A) series airplanes.