N2121

Normally I don’t care what most airplanes are doing, but this one has my curiousity piqued.

I have been following this aircraft for about three weeks now since it flew over my house … three times in one night … on the same flight.

Check out some of the other routes of flight it has flown, specifically on Jan 4 … east coast to the same airport on the east coast … VIA SEATTLE.

N2121 … Check it out.

Anyone know any details on this mystery bird with real long legs?

Looking at the tracks and since its only flying between two airports,maybe the SHangrI-LA In Atlantic City is now offering Dinner Flights.

Well, this post talks about it a bit:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/3047506/

And this is the company it’s flying for:

http://www.shangrilaentertainment.com/

It’s a brand new 737, made last year (2006).

Not the same airplane I believe.

Boeing 099 ended life flying into Tulsa on 8Dec.

N2121 has been tracked on opposite sides of the continent at the same time Boeing 099 was flying around.

I’ve managed to figure out that Shangri La Entertainment owns the bird, but beyond that, its activities remain a complete mystery.

How bout that 11+ hour round robin from the east coast, via Seattle, at generally normal cruise.

I’ve got a lot of hours in the guppy and that is one long legged guppy.

The aircraft is currently registered in care of PATS Aircraft, LLC which does aircraft interiors for BBJ’s.

Indeed I managed to learn that through poking around.

The only thing I can figure out is that the flights may be “proving runs” of sorts after the completion center completed their fitting out. You would think that a good 11 hour flight would shake most things down, but these wierd flights have been going off and on for the last three weeks now. :slight_smile:

Since the airplane has been predominately flying in and out of Georgetown, which is also where PATS is, it is probably safe to assume that these are some sort of pre-delivery test flights … pretty exotic pre-delivery test-flights though.

It’s not every day you see a 737 leave the east coast and fly to the same airport via Seattle.

Pretty neat stuff.

And this just in … Shangri La Entertainment is building a new 50,000 sq ft hangar out in California to house none other than their “new BBJ.” :slight_smile:

The aircraft is currently registered in care of PATS Aircraft, LLC which does aircraft interiors for BBJ’s.

I think I hear an echo in this room.

Boeing reuses callsigns, so it is entirely possible that each time BOE99 flies it is an entirely different plane.

Aye, you might be right. Seeing as our posts are 5 minutes apart we must have been working on the same thing at the same time. :smiley:

[quote="Newark777Boeing reuses callsigns, so it is entirely possible that each time BOE99 flies it is an entirely different plane.]

Quite possible, but not in this case, I believe. Note that the route of Boeing 099 has continuity until it ceases at TUL. Highly unlikely that a route with this continuity would have been flown by multiple BBJ’s.[/quote]

Just adding my 2p here as the boeing delivery flight expert - or so I like to think :blush: :laughing: .

BOE099 is/was N111NB 36027/2068 which arrived GED 17 Oct for fuel tank mods and left on delivery to TUL late on 7 Dec.

N2121 is/was BOE095. No idea why the strange flights though. I thought Shangri La were based near Georgetown and that’s the aircraft’s base is it not? Fuel tank mods were done mid last year and is in service now.

Not in this case. The BBJs haven’t yet got to a stage where they’re re-using the same numbers.

RobK

This is pathetic. Some of you folks lead some seriously empty lives…

Welcome Back! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately mduell locked the other thread a little early. This thread does nothing to answer the question of the OP of the other more recent thread. The A/C registration now shows the new ownership and I’m curious to see what kind of new info our members can find out about the bird’s recent activity and ownership.

I’m curious to know if any of the people getting off at SFO were wearing shoes or if they might have had cell phones.

I nominate Dami to research the LLC ownership.

I’m going to go pour a Beam & Coke. I’ll check back.

It’s this plain but very slick looking BBJ N2121

Owned by this film production company Shangri La Entertainment

Steve Bing