jimmy Carter

Anybody know what aircraft Jimmy Carter took to N. Korea?

All I can find is that he arrived at the Pyongyang airport in an unmarked, non-U.S. military plane.

The front end looks like a Gulfstream but I couldn’t tell which model.

Carter, 85, traveled on what U.S. officials described as a private humanitarian mission to secure the freedom of Aijalon Mahli Gomes, who was sentenced to eight years hard labor this year for illegally entering the isolated state.

8 years hard labor for illegally entering? :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Porterjet. Where did you see the pic?

On TV. Just saw it again, the only clue is the main cabin door placement which suggests a G5 or 550.

Here is a pic of him de-planing

news.yahoo.com/nphotos/photo-rel … 843fd86e7/

similar to the plane he used to go to Jordan a couple years ago:
zimbio.com/pictures/LGpydzg- … mmy+Carter

Could this be him going to seoul first in this g450? Plane has similar paint scheme and just filed to come back:

flightaware.com/photos/view/1541 … ttype/GLF4

Doesn’t quite look like the same airplane, besides according to the news he flew into Pyongyang.

Funny: just checked here for activity and FA shows flights between Pyongyang and Beijing. (ZKPY and ZBAA). Well, one round trip.

Looks like he flew into Gimpo flightaware.com/live/flight/N667 … /PANC/RKSS

Well, the mystery continues. The G450 is back in the US but it looks like President Carter and the guy he’s picking up are still in North Korea.

Its actually a Global Express 5000… How do I know? My friend and co-worker’s brother is one of the pilots for the owner… My friend showed my pics of his brother and President Carter taken enroute from ATL to North Korea.

The owner of this aircraft flies a lot of well to do individuals around the globe. I don’t recall the N number off hand but its based at PBI.

One other thing… I do know that tracking info for this particular aircraft is “Blocked” and has been for several years now… And the flight originated in ATL, so it’s not the flight that went into Seoul…

Mw - nice call on tHe gl5t…

cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/0 … tml?hpt=T2

The tail number to the Global Express 5000 Former President Jimmy Carter chartered to North Korea is N1DG. The plane is registered to GX Leasing Services LLC in Jupiter, FLorida.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Bombardier-BD-700-1A11-Global/1345206/L/&sid=32bedd974ac146ab92ce7c77d6f5e597