iOS app push notifications and tracked flight

When setting up an alert for a flight I do get the expected push notifications but if I click on it before reading fully then I am taken to the app (as expected) and I think I do not get to see the same information as was in the notification (eg pilot files plan).

I think iOS notifications are sandboxed so I can understand if it is not possible for the motivation to update locally held app data but would it be possible for the app to retrieve recently pushed notifications from the FA service or last flight status information etc?

Are you saying you would like for the information that was in the push notification to be somehow retrievable after clicking on the notification? Once you click on the notification, the information from the notification is gone and you are simply left in the app for the flight the notification was about?

Yes … but that same information is often not available in the app itself.

If you click on the notification without necessarily having read it all (a fairly natural thing to do) then you go to the app and the notification is gone (standard iOS thing) but the app does not have the same info.
I think it would be useful if backend stored generic event jnfo (like … pilot file route) and then it could be retrieved by app.
It could be expired on backend after relatively short time (perhaps kept for duration of flight).