Integration with Frequent Flyer Programs

It would be great if Flight Aware would interface with my online accounts for the various airlines, and then automatically keep me apprised of my reservations and flight status. This way i would not have to know my flight number in advance or manually enter anything.

Why should FlightAware keep track of your flights if you can’t even remember them yourself?

Convenience.
I want to use Flight Aware as the one service i use to keep track of all of my air travel. There are sites out there that will pull your financial information from many sources and display it all in an easy to digest form. I think it would be great if flight aware did something similar for air travel.

As a frequent traveler I would love to get flight updates automatically, no matter how my plans change, with no effort.

I see Flight Aware as a system to make travel less hectic and automating it will only improve the experience.

First of all, it is not Flight (space) Aware; it is FlightAware (no space).

As a frequent flier you should know that you can sign up for flight alerts with each airline.

If FlightAware offers a “air travel digest” service I hope it’s a paid service. Frankly, I don’t see any purpose in it.

You also need to remember that what the airlines indicate as departure and arrival times are entirely different from what FlightAware reports. Additionally, there are many times that commercial flights, especially with United and British, gives the public one flight number and ATC another flight number. And let’s not get started on code-share flights!

Dave back off man…

Sorry - didn’t know people weren’t allowed to voice their opinions here. :frowning:

I am well aware of the intricacies of each of the major airline services and their failure in large part to make my life easier. As with banking, i want all of my information to be available from a central source. Perhaps i misunderstood what the point of FlightAware was and if what i suggest is not technically possible, so be it.

I was under the impression that this forum was for Feature Request and Ideas. Whether this is a good idea in the eyes of any one else or not, it is something that i would find value in, and I think others would as well.

I am very impressed with what FlightAware offers want to see it’s resources more accessible and widely available. (mobile apps?)

{edit - just added another thought}

Words out of my mouth, flyboy!

Mr. David Ross. Can’t you see that brianluttinen just joined today!

Welcome to FlightAware Brian, and forget damiross and wait for FA staff. :slight_smile:

That’s the date he joined the forum, not necessarily the date he started using FlightAware. It actually sounds like he has been at FlightAware (spelling aside :slight_smile: ) to know what FlightAware does.

Yes, the forum is a place for feature requests and ideas. You gave yours. I gave my opinion on it. I’m not one to sugar coat what I say so I apologize if you were offended by my opinion.

We’d love to, we just have to persuade the airlines into implementing a common interface for external authentication and data exchange like the banks have.

Forums accounts are created the moment you register.

I was under the impression that there are two registrations: FlightAware and the Forum. Just because I registered for FlightAware does not mean that I have an automatic Forum account. Or am I wrong and that registration for FlightAware automatically gives me a Forum account, even though the Forum can have a different user name.

The FlightAware registration process automatically inserts a forums account for you. They are stored in different databases so the usernames could become desyncronized if one is changed.

Sorry Dave, but I gots to go with Will and fly (bad English on purpose). Yeah, I know Will, Hell just froze over, which might explain the snow in Dallas, but Dave, just because a person would like to see something new from FlightAware in the FUTURE really doesn’t give you a basis for slamming the guy.

Remember a couple of things. First, this is the FEATURE REQUESTS AND IDEAS area, which is where the OP put his idea. Second, this site has grown by leaps and bounds, which I know you are aware of, and is used for tracking whole fleets for some companies, as well as individuals. There are alerts already set up, so why not centralize them for a member of this site?

It is about growth and the idea that brianluttinen presented was a good one and could be a possible source of income for FlightAware, which is generally free.

Yeah, I know Will, Hell just froze over.

Why do ya say that?

Thanks for the information. I didn’t know that.

Yes, I understand this. It’s also a place to discuss feature requests and ideas. As such, I think anybody should be able to request a feature and then a dialog get started on the merits of the idea. It’s not much of a dialog if only those who agree with the requested feature are allowed to present their view.

Huge difference between beginning a discussion on the merits of an idea and just flat out being an a-hole Dave.

Excuse me? I’m a a-hole because I give my opinion? Well, I’m am rubber and you are glue. What you say bounces off of me and sticks to you. :slight_smile:

Brianluttinen said what he wanted. I gave my opinion. I also told him, if you would read the thread closely, that

Yes, the forum is a place for feature requests and ideas. You gave yours. I gave my opinion on it. I’m not one to sugar coat what I say so I apologize if you were offended by my opinion.

Why should FlightAware keep track of your flights if you can’t even remember them yourself?

A-hole statement from the beginning.

First of all, it is not Flight (space) Aware; it is FlightAware (no space).

As a frequent flier you should know that you can sign up for flight alerts with each airline.

Nitpicking to be your typical self and acting high and mighty, both classify as being an a-hole.

From that point on, yes, you began a decent discussion giving your opinion. HOWEVER, the three statements that were BEFORE just about everything else you said fall into the a-hole category because it was a poor attempt to belittle brianluttinen as you typically try to do because they may want to expand the capabilities of FlightAware for their benefit, which, could also benefit others. Just because you may not like it or use it doesn’t mean that others won’t.