Will this service always be free?

I have been searching for years for such a free service. Will it remain free? I can give this site info to family members to track my location!

That’s the idea – feel free to tell family and friends to bookmark your tail number so they can keep an eye on your flights. If you want to help out, link to FlightAware on your web page or blog to let others know about the free service.

Depending on where you fly in relation to their location, they could also set up a FlightAware reporting node (https://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build) and even watch you taxi around the airport in real time.

A number of considerations on that - their location, antenna, ground obstructions, etc, but the real time data you have access to with your own node can go out to 200+ nm.

With a reporting node you get an Enterprise account and all sorts of perks like customizable notifications of flight events, more information, etc.

Wow, replying to a 15 year old thread.

Never seen this before :smiley:

Sorry if that bothers you, dude. It was recommended by the system and I thought I could add something constructive. I didn’t notice the post date. It does not diminish what I wrote even if the OP doesn’t ever see it. Others might.

If only others thought about adding something constructive. Hope you feel better.

1 Like

No worries, you did not bother me. It was just funny to see. I didn’t want to be offending.

1 Like

I wasn’t really concerned.