I can't get my Piaware 3.5 or Dump1090 to update by sending a command

Hi everyone, I can’t get my Piaware 3.5 or Dump1090 to update by sending a command. This used to work, but now it seems to get hung up. See the attached screenshots.

Use a fresh sd-card write a fresh piaware image:
PiAware - build your own ADS-B ground station for integration with FlightAware - FlightAware

Even if you don’t want to use a fresh card, still by far the easiest thing to do.

This might be useful:
For Beginners - How to Get Back Existing Station Number in A Fresh Install

1 Like

Thank you. I thought this might be the answer.

Where can I give the command to re-associate my feeder ID?

It’s all described in the link …

Hmm … yeah you have to scroll down a few pages:
For Beginners - How to Get Back Existing Station Number in A Fresh Install - #8 by abcd567

Otherwise you have to enable SSH:
For Beginners - How-to SSH to RPi - Setup Putty in Windows
Can also be useful to install cool stuff like tar1090 / graphs1090.

I can read the link just fine, but it doesn’t tell me where to put a command in. I see the command I’m supposed to enter, but I don’t know where to put it. Do I have to launch a raspberry pi terminal? Or can I do it through the Piaware? I’m just trying to get help so I don’t get into more issues. Thanks for everything you’ve done so far.

Edited my post … see above.

Thank you. I’ll check it out! :smiley:

Yikes, that’s pretty old.

The “dpkg was interrupted” message means that a past upgrade was interrupted and the system is now in an indeterminate state. It’s recoverable, probably, but as wiedehopf says, just reimaging is a better plan at this point - you’ll get an up to date version of the OS in the process too.

1 Like

Reimaged and everything is working swimmingly! Thanks for the help.

1 Like

This is what I always do when a new version is released, or I mess up with my install. Easy & clean solution.

SD Card Formatter / Win32 Disk Imager / Balena Etcher / Raspberry Pi Imager / dd are my favorite tools. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.