Graphs for dump1090 -- my version with install script

How can i get all graph canvas ( the part with the actual data ) the same size…

Edit /usr/share/graphs1090/graphs1090.sh

51 small="$options -D --width $swidth --height $sheight"                                                                              

In line 51 remove the -D

Note that the outer dimensions will be different from graph to graph.

I suppose you could remove the right axis from the max-range graph, maybe that would suffice for you?

2 Likes

Sometimes some of us ask a lot from those who develop the programming we enjoy. I have a suggestion for future development. I use DUMPVDL2 and ACARSDECO2 on a separate Pi3B and what would be the possibility of having Graphs set up for those decoders? Thanks…

I have no clue which interfaces if any these programs provide.
Also what kind of graphs would you be looking for?

If i ran the programs myself i could take a look but i really don’t get the impression there are many people using them, sorry :frowning:

Dump1090 in providing json files and even a dedicated file for statistics makes it quite easy to extract the data.

1 Like

FYI, FSCK got things fixed up, and the graphs are working great. I really appreciate your effort to support this community.

4 Likes

@wiedehopf et al
Thanks

@wiedehopf
One observation about the UAT graphs, they don’t seem to follow the “range” setting from /etc/default/graph1090. I have mine set to “statute”, and while the 1090 graphs are correct, uat is still using nautical.

Yea i just implemented the minimum which is one version of the graph.

I finished installing this a little bit ago and just scrolled down to the bottom of this thread to ask if it could be made to display statute miles to match my other display, guess I’m not the only one who prefers that.

1 Like

Switch the other graph to nautical miles :wink:

I’ll change it some day, not today though.

3 Likes

Awesome!!! Many Thanks…I downloaded these last night and have playing with my gain…I’m using the the pro plus stick, flight aware antenna and the uputronics filtered preamp…stock settings were overload to the system…Working on finding that sweet spot…Next project will be to get my old Mode S beast up and running on a Pi
…I’m looking forward to that…

On the piaware sd-card image that’s quite easy: PiAware - Advanced Configuration Settings - FlightAware

Just connect the Beast via USB and then:

sudo piaware-config receiver-type beast
sudo reboot

This should do the trick.

2 Likes

Awesome!!! Thanks…

Plugged it in set it up but message rate was a 1/4 what is was before not sure why…Think the sma connector is faulty

Are you running with the preamp?

Maybe try it straight off the antenna, the preamp might make the signal too strong for the Beast.
Or if you have an attenuator worth 10 or 15 dB you can try that after the preamp :slight_smile:

Also note that there is less traffic on Saturdays.

How is your antenna located, maybe check this thread:
What is the Maximum Range I can Get?

Antenna directly into uputronics filter amp and beast directly into that…Its in the attic at 110 above sea level…the connector is definitely broken…in fact it pulled right out of the beast…Time to find someone to solder a new one to the board

Was getting around 70 messages a sec with beast…back to the old setup getting around 300 right now

You script suffers from American exceptionalism by hardcoded mm/dd/yyyy dates, PR submitted:

1 Like

Never looked into it after forking the most of the code.

I’ll pull shortly.

At least it’s 24h time format :wink:
And to be honest i never really looked at the date.

1 Like