Graphs for dump1090 -- my version with install script

Just ran the installer again, and just have to wait to see anything…today’s weather has not been good to see anything on 978.

You had one guy with UAT, that’s the graphs you see in my post above :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@abcd567 @glennblum @csweeney05

I’ve fixed a small error, in case your graphs for 978 aren’t working please run the install again :slight_smile:

(max range graph will only start working once you receive an aircraft)

2 Likes

From what I read on this topic that I can’t wait to try this out. The graphs are nice to have not only for the logistics but also for trouble shooting.

Few minutes ago ran the install script again. NoUAT planes yet, empty UAT graphs. Waiting.

sudo bash -c "$(wget -q -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiedehopf/graphs1090/master/install.sh)"

ERROR: opening '/var/lib/collectd/rrd/localhost/dump1090-localhost/dump1090_range-max_range_978.rrd': No such file or directory
1 Like

Anything that’s stopping you? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was at was waiting in line at Walgreen’s at the time.

3 Likes

Graphs are installed and as we wait the information is populating into the graphs.

2 Likes

So far I am impressed. The only graph box that isn’t showing properly is the UAT Max range. I will wait since this is new install and data is populating right now.

It needs an UAT plane with position that isn’t TIS-B for it to populate.
(range should be an indication of how far away the furthest plane is you directly receive)

1 Like

As of right now, No traffic on 978 since I installed the graphs.
They are all working good.

All the graphs work great. I had a Cessna 172 fly through the area and tracked the aircraft for 33 miles.

4 Likes

Still waiting for a UAT plane to fly within range of my radar.

Since you are so close to the US, I wonder if a beam antenna should help you out?

978 UAT traffic at my location today.

should the range just be 0 when no aircraft are received?
(changes average range calculation though)

That would make sense. The assumption is then that there is always some value assigned, which is zero when there no actual data to report. It would make the look more consistent with the 1090 look.

I am not sure that the average range is all that meaningful. If you want to include zero in it, then that would be fine. Otherwise the it would be ‘average among observed’ aircraft. You could do that by requiring values to be zero.

1 Like

Well 1090 is the same way but most of us ALWAYS have 1090 aircraft in view.

What is the calculation for 1090 average when there is nothing in sight?

Currently when no aircraft are in received, max_range is just not defined, NaN if you will.

Average calculation ignores unknown values.
Can’t do average calculation without the zeros, so it’s either or.
Anyway average range isn’t meaningful anyway, you are correct.

1 Like