Flightaware emails now fail to display

As the title says, whatever you guys’ changed your email format to within the last couple months, its not able to be displayed in my webmail. It worked fine before, although I found it weird how the FA email somehow displayed its images without me having to click the “view unsafe images”, which I have to do for every email with pictures.

It shows there is an attachment to the email now, but when I open it, its blank, and no attachment is shown. I can forward the email to hotmail, and I cannot even view it in there! If I download the email as a file, it will display it, but without pictures which really defeats the purpose of it…

Anybody having the same issues or know of anything to do? My webmail displays other HTML emails fine…

Which webmail provider are you using?

It’s Squirrelmail 1.4.13. Like I said, it used to work fine, but within the last 2 months it just stopped working.

FWIW… I use gmail via Firefox, and I haven’t had problems viewing any text or images from FA

Same problem here. Only since the last few weeks. I’m using hotmail and it’s not just getting to the photos, the e-mail just won’t open and I’m getting an error like: “an error occurred, click here to report this to Microsoft” or something like that…

Hope you figure something out :cry:

Can you screenshot the error and/or send more details? I signed up for a hotmail account to test your problem and couldn’t quite reproduce it.

On initial load of the newsletter, hotmail said it blocked the images for my safety. I clicked the link, “Always allow images from support-newsletter@flightaware.com” and it loaded perfectly.

Squirrelmail 1.4.13 is a very old version from 2007 and I couldn’t find an exact match, but I could test with Squirrelmail 1.4.5 (from 2005).

Initially, the newsletter wouldn’t load, but then I changed my settings to display HTML emails by default and it worked fine.

Can you check your preferences?

All preferences checked out ok. HTML on by default and the “view unsafe images by default” is still on (Yet that option has never seemed to work). Every single other email in HTML is fine, its just this one thats not working.

When I tested it in hotmail, even after clicking the show images link, nothing came up.

Can we see screenshots to help?

No problem, attached.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ih5b7s.jpg

I can’t seem to paste a screenshot in this area… Must be doing something wrong.

This message I’m getting in a yellow bar:

“Windows Live Hotmail wasn’t able to complete this request. Microsoft may contact you about any issues you report.”

So the e-mail isn’t opening at all and therefore i can’t click any link which allows images.

Thanks for testing. I can’t think of anything that has changed in my PC in the last few weeks.

Something must have changed…

Since today the latest weekly newsletter opens just fine! :smiley:

Wish I had your luck, mine still fails to show anything…

Anyone else getting completely blank alerts today?

Here’s an example:

Return-Path: <alerts@flightaware.com>
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.3.1 (2010-03-16) on myserver
X-Spam-Level: **
X-Spam-Status: No, score=2.0 required=5.0 tests=AWL,EMPTY_MESSAGE,
	MISSING_SUBJECT,SPF_PASS,T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD autolearn=no version=3.3.1
Received: from victor.flightaware.com (victor.hou.flightaware.com [216.52.171.103])
	by myserver (8.13.1/8.13.1) with ESMTP id p1BLRPYi025460
	for <jmhayes@myhost>; Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:27:30 -0800
Received: from victor.flightaware.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
	by victor.flightaware.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 010873FAFB
	for <jmhayes@myhost>; Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:27:25 -0600 (CST)
Message-Id: <20110211212725.010873FAFB@victor.flightaware.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:27:25 -0600 (CST)
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
X-Virus-Scanned: clamav-milter 0.96.5 at myserver
X-Virus-Status: Clean

About a dozen so far.

Sorry guys, fixed now.

Do you have any new information on what is causing the issue on my email? It reaaaaalllly sucks not being able to view these emails…

This last issue of the FA Weekly update is now displaying in my email!!! Not sure what you guys’ did, but i’m glad! Last week’s doesn’t display, so lets hope this trend stays the same.

I have been having the same issue for the past few months. One in a blue moon it will get the email correctly, but normally it is only blank space with photos on the right hand column.

I is happeningon mac, with Firefox 59 & the past three versions, using Netzero webmail.
I cannot replicate the issue in Safari 11.1, nor Chrome 65.

Please don NOT say I need to use the other browsers, or flame on Firefox. I have used this browser since the Netscape days & am committed to the platform. It was the first browser widely assailable on the web, and I REFUSE to use the sewage that is IE. Also do not inquire about my using a Wintel machine, too much security hazard.

Check the browser security and privacy settings. Some of them may be enabled by default, or need to be fine tuned. Things such as exceptions etc. I use Firefox as well, and have similar problems with some emails and websites. This is the price to be paid, sometimes, to maintain online hygiene.