I’ve been getting this message popping up on the MyADS-B page lately, “FlightAware has detected a problem with your email account”. I click on the request email verification link and everything is fine for about 2 weeks or so. It keeps appearing every 2-3 weeks. I haven’t changed my email or done anything different with it. It’s not a big deal but is somewhat annoying. I get emails from FlightAware with out any problem so I’m not sure what the problem could be.
I get this same message every week … Aug 3, Jul 27, Jul 20, Jul 13. Although I subscribed for weekly emails, none arrive.
We have a program that detects when we receive a bounced email from an email provider. Unfortunately, there are a few email providers that mark our emails as spam and return the email to FlightAware before they are received by our users. Once we have received this bounced email, our system will halt any further emails (alerts/newsletters) since it believes there is something wrong with the email address on file.
Once you have followed the instructions, the red banner should disappear. However, it will keep coming back if we keep receiving a bounced email from an email provider. You can try whitelisting us with your email provider or add us to your approved contacts to see if that helps with the issue. Another option is to change the email address on your account to one with a different email provider.
As for not receiving your weekly newsletter, it looks like the last we sent was on July 29th. If you did not receive it in your Inbox, please check your Spam folder to see if it was filtered there.
I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any questions.
True to the regularity, I got the message again today. So now it has happened on Aug 10, Aug 3, Jul 27, Jul 20, Jul 13 - sometime between 06:00 and 14:00z.
So is FA sending out emails on these dates? It does not appear to be due to the weekly newsletter. FWIW, my email domain name contains digits “35”.
Another week has gone and another error message about my email account and still no newsletter. Notices have been received on Aug 17, Aug 10, Aug 3, Jul 27, Jul 20 & Jul 13. I have yet to try any remedies suggested two post above. I do note that it seems to be the newsletter that causes the problem (if it is sent out on Wednesday morning UTC). The notification email does get received.
PS: For the next week I have disabled the newsletter subscription and will post the result.
Hello again! Thanks for the updates. I just emailed you directly so we can further discuss the issue.
Disabling the newsletter subscription has ended the error messages. That was the only way I could find to do so. I wouldn’t mind seeing what these weekly newsletters look like … if there was a way.
Btw, I had earlier reported - so has someone else - that disabling the weekly email did not work. At that time I was making an mistake with the process.
Hello again! It seems your email provider is tagging our newsletter as spam, which is why it appeared while you had an active subscription. I have forwarded you a copy of the newsletter so you can see what it looks like. I have also provided more information in my email to further assist with any red banner in the future.
Hope you have a great weekend!