Flight History Missing

It seems to be happening more and more often - there is absolutely no data for a given flight.

Here’s two off the top of my mind:

SWA - ELP2DAL flight 2235 7-12-08 - flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA2 … /KELP/KDAL
CO - CPH2EWR - flight 123 7-20-08 - flightaware.com/live/flight/COA1 … /EKCH/KEWR

Actually, after July 16, there is never data for flight 123. From july 16 backwards, it seems to be there all the time.

And then sometimes Flight Aware just whacks out. SWA flight 1007 on July 12 was from Dallas to St. Louis, but the track shows the plane went directly south. flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA1 … /KDAL/KSTL

What’s wrong? Why are so many flights lately without data tracks?

International flights have a disclaimer on them:
At least part of this flight occurs outside of FlightAware’s service area. Information on this page may be unreliable.

Understand completely. However, at the risk of being impertinent, there is a huge difference between “unreliable” and non-existent.

Nor does your response explain missing data for SWA flight 2235 or SWA flight 1007’s track going in the wrong direction.

That’s why I quoted only part of your posting. I wasn’t sure if you knew about the non-FAA data feed.

The part about the SWA flights can be better answered by the staff of FlightAware.

As far as SWA1007, it looks like the previous flight’s track somehow snuck in there from the KHOU-KDAL leg. On the KHOU-KDAL page, there also is nothing.

Also I’d like to add UKZ15S to that list. (damiross, before you say anything, I’m not using the permanant link because it’s a common occurance). On this one, there are no track lines at all since July 4. The flights from July 4th and previous appear to have been fixed, as they were not always there, either. However, the return flight UKZ16S always tracks faithfully right up to the point where it leaves the FA service area. Would this be FA, or an FAA feed issue?