Flight History Map Incorrect a Day Later?

Yesterday (10/13/10), I was on UAL388 TPA-DEN. Channel 9 was turned on the entire time so I was able to accurately follow the flight (and looking out the window confirmed). The route was out over the Gulf via the SYKES3 then SIMMR REMIS Q100 REDFN, etc… We arrived in Denver on 35R.

After we landed, I checked FlightAware and the route was shown correctly, i.e. the left turn after departure, westbound out over the Gulf, and then the northerly landing into DEN. This is all in agreement with the filed flight plan: SYKES3 SIMMR REMIS Q100 REDFN Q105 HRV EIC J20 IRW J98 LBL J52 LAA

However, today if you look at the flight history map for UAL388 on 10/13/10, it’s showing a completely different route that we didn’t actually fly, (but still referring to the correct flight plan). This new plotted route even shows an western arrival and landing into DEN when we landed north. The tracklog lat/long and the plotted map are in agreement, but reality and the map are not. :slight_smile: It’s like the actual flight history was overwritten with bad data… ?

flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL3 … /KTPA/KDEN

What’s showing now:
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5158/ual388wrongmap.jpg

What would cause the map to initially show up correctly but then change to be incorrect.

oops, let me edit my first post. I have noticed something similar, the blue line sometimes shows the last flight instead of the current flight when the airplane is back in the air.

And oddly enough, now the correct map is showing. :slight_smile:

flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL3 … /KTPA/KDEN

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/258/ual388rightmap.jpg

Similar problem here.

Original leg flightaware.com/live/flight/N269 … /KMDW/KSUN

Diversion
flightaware.com/live/flight/N269 … /KMDW/KTWF

Final leg
flightaware.com/live/flight/N269 … /KTWF/KSLC

But it Showed the KMDW to KSUN leg until the next day.

Thanks, I think we know the cause of this and an upcoming software release will resolve it.