Curious about location display on 192.168.xxx.xxx

I’m willing to accept the idea that the ADS-B transmitter generates its own location as it is shown on the live view data map, but even with moves of the antenna and updates to the software, that black dot representing the location of the antenna is consistently in the exact same place several blocks away. Is it all the metal in the city? On the SkyAware Anywere page, I’ve been able to locate that center dot on the roof of my building exactly where it is. That and the consistency of the error on the other page make me wonder. Any Ideas?

What is the “precision on coverage map” setting?
Is the lat/lon set correctly?

Thank you, tech0, for getting back. I’ve set the lat/lon in the Edit Location location when I hit the gear on my stats page. Is there somewhere else?

Have a look at the contents of the following two files:
cat /var/cache/piaware/location.env
cat /var/cache/piaware/location

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago and found the coordinates in those files were for an older location and didn’t change to respect the web page gear settings.

My “cheat notes” say that renaming the files fixed the issue - presumably there was a restart of piaware or the Pi involved too. You could also try editing them directly (assuming this is your problem too).

Thank you, JRG1956,
I’ll try that and report.
WayCon

Afraid it didn’t work. Thank you, anyway.
I wonder what exactly the mechanism is that tells view data map where the receiver is.
WayCon

Now, here’s a strange one: while my view data live map displays all nearby aircraft, my Skyware Anyware doesn’t populate. Does anyone have an idea about that?

There seems to be something wrong on the server side, I only get 1/2 of the aircraft in Skyaware Anywhere at the moment when compared to the local view. Not much you can do about it, that has to be picked up by the FA tech team.