Copyrighted Pictures

Now, this is cool…

James, nice pup also, looks like a Yellow/Golden mix

My Golden barks at plastic bags in trees

That’s Lily, a Golden and one of my Grandpuppies. Lily’s a seriously great Golden and a big mooch. Her primary job, besides watching my Grandsons, is being a playfriend with J’s Jack Russell terrier:

Here’s our late yellow Lab, Tristan the Wonder Dog.

I was going to say you misspelled the word highlighted above but didn’t because I didn’t want people bitching at me for always correcting other people’s spelling. :smiley:

We have a serious supply of tennis balls for “Cinnamon”…she lives for these, and the neighbors cats!!

Lily’s a purebred and rather quiet, she rarely barks unless she’s chasing deer in the yard, although she barks for ALL visitors.

But she watches the kids like a hawk, here she is watching two week old Ben:

If the baby cries she comes over and stares intently at you in order to telepathically transmit “Baby crying, DO something fatass!”. I keep telling her, “I’m not lactating so the baby doesn’t want ME!”, but she doesn’t listen.

BTW, in an attempt to get this thread back to having some relation to flying, J’s JR “Annabelle” has more hours logged than most GA pilots you’ll run across. Guess that’s what comes of having two owners who are commercial pilots. :wink:

The dogs have worn out my shoulder and throwing arm, so I use this:

http://www.americaoutdoor.com/Images/CategoryImages/HyperDog4Ball2.jpg

J is dogwatching his sister-in-law’s JR “Patrick”, a barn raised pup. Patrick, even though he only weighs about a pound and a half, is a stone cold killer. He takes care of the neighborhood cats. Saves me ammo. :smiling_imp:

Cinnamon is also 100% Golden…she is a “red” as they say…also has 75.6 hours logged in the Helio, sorry no pic

Rides in anything, does not bark much, but for all visitors

And does this routinely

I guess people don’t bother removing the copyright notices from the pictures anymore:

flightaware.com/photos/view/phot … est=1;o=13

taken from:

airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/014429.html

and

flightaware.com/photos/view/phot … est=1;o=12

taken from

airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/067320.html

Unless Dean’s permission was obtained (which I doubt), the picture should be removed.

My Collie barks at airplanes flying over. We live on the approach end of the runway. So far, he has been successful, no plane has landed in our yard. I hope he keeps up the good work.

So do your neighbors complain about?
(a) barking dog
(b) airplane noise
(c) all of the above

flightaware.com/photos/view/phot … N5660Y;o=0

Would you please remove the photo which I submitted from KHKY with acft # N5660Y…

Thank you in advance

Ronh831

I have noticed several pictures on this site that were taken by me and posted to airport-data.com.
They have been resposted by a user named cclambert07.
I would have been very happy to share these photos, and I love flightaware…
but I guess this user didn’t want to share as he ripped the copyright notice right off the bottom of the picture.
What is with that?

Some type of action needs to be taken by the admin of this site.
This is not a practice that should be allowed to continue.
I know you can remove the images, but will not the offender continue to take my photos?
Time to enforce the rules of posting.

Thank you for addressing this issue as soon as possible.
Regards,
Bluedharma

Greetings to everyone.

I have not seen anyone respond to my question, so … I will try to ask it another way.
What is this sites policy regarding the posting of images that currently have a copyright on them?
Is there a policy and no enforcement?

I know I can submit the problem to Flightaware admin, and it may…perhaps may be resolved…
But I do not think it is something I should police on a daily basis.

I have several photos on airport-data.com that were taken by an individual on FlighAware and posted with the details I had listed.
Is this common practice here?

I am not the only airport-data.com user that has had this issue.

I would love to hear from anyone who supports the taking of photos and posting without permission as I am at a loss to understand why they would do this.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.

Best Regards,

I’ve noticed several photographs with the Airliners.net watermark emblazoned across them posted here, without giving proper credit to the photographer. They may have been posted by the photographer, but this individual should have had the original picture in their possession, without the watermark. I believe that this site could require a screening of photographs before they were posted, perhaps by volunteers. This is what Airliners.net does, and look at the quality of their photos over the quality of FlightAware Photos.

FlightAware > airliners.net…nuff said.

The main purpose of FA is NOT photos, so comparing the two is ridiculous. Besides, if the poster doesn’t take the copyright mark or your name off of it, and they aren’t claiming that they took the picture, then consider it free advertising and move on with your life. Life is more than some pictures of airplanes.

Amen, brother! Quite frankly, if FlightAware was to do away with pictures, I wouldn’t shed a single tear.

I am also getting tired of these people bitching about their precious photo showing up here. Guess what? If you don’t want your picture posted all over the Internet then don’t post it at all on the Internet.

This doesn’t mean I think people should post a picture as their own. It does mean that if you are going to post a picture that’s not yours then give credit where it is due.

I am sorry that your getting tired of people bitching… but I post the pictures on airport-data.com because I love aircraft.
And I would love to share with FlightAware, but this Jerk decided to rip the “copyright” right off the bottom of the picture. He went out of his way to do that.
So is it ok to bitch now pika1000?
pika1000, your right… they should take the photos off of flightaware.

http://www.airport-data.com/images/aircrafts/small/102/102988.jpg

http://flightaware.com/photos/view/photo/176456-25b75fe0f10703fba6d8b33c85a425676c5a36d5;size=full;user=cclambert07;o=94

Damiross,
So yeah, I guess your right. If I don’t want it stolen, I should not post it.
And it I don’t want my car stolen, then I should not buy a car.
Nice attitude.

The reason I am bitching is because I take photos of aircraft,
and at times the pilot stops by and asks me to take them off line later on. I don’t know why they do it… maybe he is hiding something…
It really does not matter, I take the photos off airport-data.com.

Now if Flightaware members are stealing my photos, how do I get them offline?
I am not the only one who has been dealing with this.
http://www.airport-data.com/forums/topic891.html

Damiross,sorry but you have the wrong attitude.
You don’t say people should play nice and give credit, then say you don’t give a rats-ass.

Damiross, I am sure Flightaware has better standards, it is just too bad that you don’t represent it.

Thanks for taking the time to share your point of view.

In an ideal world, people would respect each other, including their pictures. It’s not an ideal world so it is to be expected that people will post pictures and not give credit. I am NOT condoning this. I’m just pointing out that is the way it is.

It wouldn’t bother me if someone took a picture of mine from the Internet without my expressed permission and posted it on FlightAware, as long as credit was given.

Not being a lawyer and not having even played one in a movie and not having stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, I was wondering about what legal recourse person has in asking you to remove a picture of his aircraft from the web but you don’t remove it. It seems to me if the aircraft is on public property (e.g an airport) then there’s no legal way for him to demand you take the picture off. It would be similar to posting pictures of any other objects on public property.

Of course, you probably take them off to be courtesy but I was just curious what could happen if you decided not to.

BlueDharma,

Sorry I didn’t reply to you the other day; I thought I flagged your post for a reply but apparently I didn’t.
When we see photos with copyright notices or watermarks, we remove them. As I said on the first page of this thread, if you provide a link to the image on our site and another site (with copyright/watermark), we’ll remove them too. I removed the one photo you provided links for.

Damiross,
Thank you for your response.
Really the person asking for removal has no “legal” right to make me do it.
My photos of aircraft are not of the FBO, but only aircraft that are in public airspace.

However, I do have an agreement with the local airport that I show courtesy to pilots who request that their photos are removed.
If I show that courtesy, I am included on possible events that would provide me with more photo opportunities.
If I don’t, then I may be forgotten in the phone calls that will be made regarding certain desirable aviation events.
The main goal is for me not to bring any heat onto the airport authority that has been very gracious in allowing me to take pictures around their area.

We don’t live in an ideal world, but I would like to show courtesy to the pilots and the airport authority even if it means nothing in the long run.

I think it is a great compliment that my photos have been selected to be shown by this user on Flightaware to represent the aircraft.

But to take off the copyright that is put on to the bottom by Airport-data.com is wrong.

I only agreed to Airport-data.com’s rules for posting… not Flightaware.
Flightaware is not about photos… so I have not posted them here.
Why should someone else post them without my knowledge?

This is something that affects the reputation of Flightaware in a negative way.
I am having a hard time understanding why some FlightAware members
care very little about this issue.