Airport Photographs

I am getting ready to launch our new site for AviationAcres.com a website for pilots and their real estate agents to promote their aviation related properties. We plan on making it go live by the end of June 2009.

The new site has all the FAA data for airports around the country, and we are looking for pilots who can share aerial photographs of their local airports with us to match with the airport data. We would greatly appreciate any help we can get. We would be glad to show you the beta site where your photo(s) will be used, to show you the quality of the site we are building.

If you can assist us we would appreciate hearing from you. You can contact me at AviationAcres@gmail.com - Thank you in advance for your help.

Eric

Look here and pick your airport.

Frank Holbert
160knots.com

Frank,

Thanks for the use of the photos. If you would like to see the site we are working on you can visit http://www2.aviationacres.com/airportsearch.asp?CMD=AirportDetail&ID=5174 (site is not live to the public yet) to see an example of how we are using the airport photos. You can also search on airport SZT to see some “bogus” listings (we haven’t imported the data from old site yet as we are just beta testing) and how they will display. Once the site is completed (hopefully by the end of this month) you will be able to search on criteria like “I want a 3 bedroom 2 bath 2500+ sq foot home in Citrus county Fl with a paved runway at least 3000 ft long with 100LL on site” - we have combine a true real estate database with an “aviation property” database to make this site. I’m really excited to see how it all works when it’s completed. Thanks for your help and if I can assist you in the future please let me know.

Eric Skinner
Sandpoint, Idaho

[quote=“AviationAcres”]
we are looking for pilots who can share aerial photographs of their local airports with us[/quote]

to match with the airport data.

Eric,

What did you have in mind, final approaches, “true aerial” overflying the field? Easy enough to figure standard graphic formats but content not sure what you may want.

I can easily extract final approach pictures from my videos if that will fill the bill, similar to

Very nice website! Found my airport easy enough :slight_smile: though property wasn’t listed.

Gee I wonder why :smiley: :smiley:

We would love to have final approaches or aerial views of the airports. We are simply trying to match images of the actual airports with the data we have. We would also like to use any great pictures people may have in general that are aviation related. I love images showing homes and airports. As you can see on our new site there are lots of graphics… which takes lots of images… so we love to get anything we can, but airports are our current focus.

I’ve been told by my programmer that we should be able to start moving some of our data over to the new site this next week. I’m looking really forward to seeing this site launch.

Thanks!
Eric