Aircraft Worth Following

I didn’t exactly get a chance to flip through all of the posts on here to see if someone had already mentioned it on here, but in case no one did, N888TY is the plane of Ty Warner, the owner of Ty, Inc., best known as being the producer of Beanie Babies! This plane frequents Santa Barbara Municipal (KSBA) and DuPage Airport (KDPA), which is the closest executive airport to his home in nearby Oak Brook, IL.

Anyone know where the AN 225 is today? Or where it might be headed in the near future?

I see that it was in Wichita and Scotland already this month. I thought I had set up an alert on FlightAware and would get an email about any AN225 activity, but I guess not! Gotta stay on top of this… Would LOVE to see it!! :astonished:)

Thanks for any info!!!

Are there any plane spotters watching O’Hare . With the NATO Summit in Chicago I was wondering if anyone is able to figure out which arrivals are visiting heads of state. And any chance to get pictures of those aircraft parked on the runways under construction. I just found A flight from Hungry, which by my guess is one of those flights. I’m being curious. Most are arriving this afternoon and early evening. Thanks

Yankee Air Museum’s B-17G is currently en route to Republic Field

flightaware.com/live/flight/N3193G

Anyone know if the EVA Air’s Hello Kitty plane can be tracked here? I tried to search with the “code” visible in one of the photos in following Finnish newspaper story but no luck… Would really like to see the plane even I think that they are not flying to Finland :slight_smile:
Link to the story (story in Finnish but has pictures):
iltalehti.fi/matkajutut/2012 … 7_ma.shtml

We only recieve tail number for a handful of their aircraft. What tails are the hello kitty planes?

Bob Dylan upgraded his g3 to a g4, n473cw.

Interesting…

notes

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VDA4023/history/20120828/2100Z/KVBG/KIAD

Any idea what’s in this An-124 headed to DC?

UAL 787 is still test flying but now has a UAL designator UAL7708 (N20904)

flightaware.com/live/flight/N20904

N500MA is (Mario) Andretti motorsports out of Indy.

I think it is Michael not Mario Andretti isn’t it?

JetChaser

I might be wrong, JetChaser. I thought they were all under the umbrella of Mario but I might be mistaken. If so, apologies. :slight_smile:

No need to apologize, it is definitely in the family.

JetChaser

I personally like to follow NC8407. Its one of the 3, 1929 Ford Tri-motors still operated. Its owned/operated by the EAA.

I saw NC8407 at Sandusky, OH in 2011 when I stopped in while taking the kids to Cedar Point. I was surprised to see it. Cool plane with a lot of history I’m sure.

JetChaser

Does anyone know the tailnumber of the Mythbusters plane that they fly around in?

Sir Mick Jagger
twitter.com/MickJagger

LAX to YYZ - N682DB - 2013/05/24

flightaware.com/live/flight/N682 … /KLAX/CYYZ

Carrie didn’t get much satisfaction in YYZ…Departed 12:06AM EDT

flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA381

They fly commercial, so they’d be kind of hard to track.

The airport next to TMS is fort worth alliance (KAFW). they also helo the driver from the track to their planes and so forth. you can goto www.liveatc.net and listen to their atc. if you have an iphone, live atc has an app you can use. I go to that race regularly and KAFW is packed to the max. i drove to the KAFW once the night before the race. a few drivers also fly in to denton tx. I use a scanner to listen to the driver at the texas race. when the race is over i tune to KAFW and listen to the driver planes leave for home. very interesting!