NHL 2010 Flights

As any hockey fan knows, the season is quickly approaching. Thought I’d start a thread for all NHL flights. I know the Devils (my favorite team) used to fly N615PA (B727) however, its last flight was 40 weeks ago, and in Dallas. Not sure if they still use it or not. I hope so, because they took a nice plane and put a good looking logo on it.

Devils last year were on Air Canada Jetz,

should be one of these flight numbers if they stay on AC

flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7025

flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7026

Too bad they got rid of the 727. Anyone know it’s fate?

Looks like it is up for sale,

controller.com/listingsdetai … 158061.htm

I love the full bar, but where is the disco ball and brass pole?

It’s too bad I don’t have $600,000 laying around. That doesn’t even seem that expensive.

I’m pretty sure Miami Air will be once again flying around the 2012 Stanley Cup champion St.Louis Blues this year to KSUS.

Whatever you say… we all know the real champions will be the Devils.

Detroit Red Wings are usually in Redbird One: N682RW.
Columbus Blue Jackets fly N697BJ, which appears to be blocked this year.
Dallas Stars are sometimes in N757SS, but I see that lately that has been used for the Texas Rangers.

A vast majority of teams charter/contract out with Swiftair, aka “Swiftflight” and use flights SWQ 737, SWQ801, 802, 302, 202, 730, etc. etc. Start with one of those, see what other “all flights” are up in the air, and you should find a lot of professional team flights up and on the go.

That’s all I have for now, but will will search for more around the 20th/21st of this month when the season gets into gear. Go Red Wings!

ahh, see there you didn’t read my comment, champs of 2012! We’re goin in year 6 of our 5 year rebuilding plan. I’m hoping by the 7th we’ll be there!

Was looking around yesterday/this morning and caught these:

KBED TO CYHU
CYHU to KROC

Bruins’ new plane this season? Schedule and airports match up.

I do believe the Dallas Stars are using N757SS

Penguins I believe…BSK392

Carolina Hurricanes

flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7033

flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7034

flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7 … /KRDU/KATL

flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7 … /KATL/KRDU

Is this hockey related? http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BSK396/history/20100926/2220Z/KMKE/KATL

396 was not a hockey number used last year plus don’t see anything going on in MKE. Also the BSK hockey teams normally use the 734 which is set up in a VIP configuration. The 738 is set up with 172 seats and used on normal passenger charters. Also I don’t see it coming into MKE and that might help figure out what it is. Not sure but I would say no.

Philadelphia Flyers

flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8946

flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8 … /KMSP/KPHL

Minnesota Wild

flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8952

flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8 … /KMSP/CYHU

Boston Bruins to Belfast, Ireland

flightaware.com/live/flight/BSK3 … /KBOS/EGAA

Will also play in Liberec 10/5 and Prague 10/9-10, Czech Republic

The Sharks are flying a charter 747 to Sweden today. N747A - not trackable unfortunately. I can see takeoffs from my window, haven’t seen it but haven’t been keeping perfect track. Pretty rare for a 747 to go in/out of SJC.

Anyone have more details?

More info here: discussions.flightaware.com/view … 147#120147

Minnesota Wild to Helsinki, Finland

flightaware.com/live/flight/BOS9 … /KMSP/EFHK