Actual location (in English) - Thank You!

I know I’ve driven you nuts with a couple of issues but I just noticed that when I put the cursor on the airport name in departure/arrival blocks that it tells me what town the airport is actually in! This can be difficult or impossible to determine from airport designators or commemorative (or cute) airport names. I don’t know how long it has been doing this, but THANK YOU. I love it. --Jan near (the Eastern Iowa Airport (yes, it is still in Cedar Rapids… no, I don’t know why they felt they had to call it that… we’ve had people drive on by looking for the “old Cedar Rapids Airport”… sigh…

I just noticed that when I put the cursor on the airport name in departure/arrival blocks that it tells me what town the airport is actually in!

I’ve asked for city/state pop-ups on the airport name for some time. Until you wrote that, I had not seen it. I went back to an Airport Activity page and got ONE airport label (out of 20+) to pop up. The aircraft ID and Type labels pop up almost instantly, but the Airport Code ID pop-up is virtually inert. Perhaps the activating area of the link is miniscule. I’m glad the pop-up is there, but the FA staff needs to make it more responsive.

Up til now, the only way to know that KAAO Col James Jabara is in Wichita would be to actually visit that Airport page. The pop-up that is almost working would make the site a lot more efficient to use. Also, Mexican airports are a pain because the city is not shown on the Airport Activity page. A visit to Google is necessary to locate those. Perhaps FlightAware staff could visit this issue and edit Mexican city names into those Airport Activity pages.

Where are you hovering and what airports aren’t working? If you hover anywhere over the name of the airport, the city/state should pop up. In places where only the code is displayed, you can hover over the code for the airport name.

Up til now, the only way to know that KAAO Col James Jabara is in Wichita would be to actually visit that Airport page. The pop-up that is almost working would make the site a lot more efficient to use. Also, Mexican airports are a pain because the city is not shown on the Airport Activity page. A visit to Google is necessary to locate those. Perhaps FlightAware staff could visit this issue and edit Mexican city names into those Airport Activity pages.

We have some new databases that we need to integrate with better international airport data, so we’re working on that.

Where are you hovering and what airports aren’t working? If you hover anywhere over the name of the airport, the city/state should pop up. In places where only the code is displayed, you can hover over the code for the airport name.

Finally, I got it! Great feature!

On an Airport Activity page, the pop-up label is shown when I’m over the name of the airport, but NOT on the Airport Code link to that airport.

On my KADS activity page, one airport will not pop up a location. Brooks Co (KBKS) in ‘Departures’.

On my KADS activity page, one airport will not pop up a location. Brooks Co (KBKS) in ‘Departures’.

Gaines Co (KGNC), En Route to KADS is another one.

I checked the Airport Activity pages for these two airports. Neither shows a city/state location.

Yeah, there is room for improvement and you should expect to see some. That said, I’m sort of amazed that GNC even has an ICAO code considering how few operations it has.