AAL new livery Video

American Airlines New Logo and Livery 2 - Becoming a new American - YouTube)

Just thought id share this with the FlightAware world! :smiley:

(I love the new livery)

I hope it really looks better in person. The more I see it the less I like it.

By the way, it’s not really a video but a CG (computer generated) cartoon of the yucky new color scheme.

I think the CGI makes it look worse, this pic gives me hope it will look better in person.

Photo Courtesy of FlightAware.comhttp://e0.photos.flightcdn.com/photos/retriever/e0bd5a552790118d2172d3450b91f1c185b4466b

Wishing it looked more silvery and less greyish.

Of the three, the one in the middle is the best color scheme, followed by the one on the left and, in 10th place (out of 3!) is the one on the right.

I agree.

Still haven’t seen the 773 but it’s painted,

738 - flightaware.com/live/flight/N908NN

773 - flightaware.com/live/flight/N718AN

Thanks for posting the photo, I think you’ve captured American Airlines history right there!! :smiley:

Here is the first painted 777-300ER N718AN

I was never a student of corporate art, but ever since Nickelodeon controversially got rid of their longterm branding, I have followed the Brand New page on Under Consideration. AA definitely took the rebrand too far. Baby out with the bathwater? Or am I screwing up my cliches.

Anyhow, it’s a good looking color scheme, but so was the '68-'13 livery. Why fix what ain’t broke?

And I agree with another poster, I think: it’s too grey and not silvery enough. I liked the “unpainted” look. I confess, I really like Helvetica in general, too. That shouldn’t have gone.

The unpainted look had to go with the impending deliveries of the 787. Remember how things looked with some of their A300’s?

airliners.net/photo/American … 75800abb02

Exactly…no way of not painting the composite panels/fuselage. They come standard with a high gloss white.

That’s kind of what I thought, but I guess I feel it could have been darker.