Your longest nonstop flight

Sorry should have said length of flight… 15:45 …reday to get out when we got there…J or not didn’t matter just wanted to see HKG for the first time…felt like a kid again…and no I’m not that old…yet.

mine was a 4 and a half hour flight from Dulles to SLC.

Was that the day before all the storms?

.64!? No wonder it took six hours.
Why so slow? Was .64 the best range speed?
Just curious.

my soon-to-be longest flight is FCO-JFK in March for Spring Break!

Commercial - TWA STL-HNL 12hrs with 100kt headwinds most of the way, with our 14 month old son. Brutal - and we were in F class.

Military - 14hrs - somewhere in the Pacific - still classified.

General Av: 5.5 hrs in a Bellanca Viking, IJD-73J - about 700nm with a 35kt headwind. We needed to get there b4 7p to save $25 on a cab. If we stopped for gas we would not make it, I was lean of peak to save gas - landed with 10 gallons, nice and legal. Pilots are cheap. . .

Dfw-Narita,since I fly for American,I was able to sit first class on the way, however on the way back had to sit in coach because of a full plane.not very fun!

SAN to LAX to Frankfurt to Dubai, UAE, over 20 hours in air not counting layovers…never again!!!

longest flights was from ORD-NRT, took 13.5 hours to get there non-stop. that was only 1 of our legs before going onto BKK

14.5 hours, IAD-NRT.

Preceded by PIT-IAD, followed by NRT-HKG (Kai Tak).

It was a long day and a half.

JetBlue gave me my longest nonstop flight last year from Jacksonville to Detroit.

G4Driver… just curious what your longest flight was (as pilot)? and speed?

LAX to LHR (London Heathrow), then a connection to Edinburgh. Thank goodness it was British Airways, if it had been American or such we would have starved or paid the outrageous prices for food and not had money for the trip.

San Francisco, CA (SFO) to London-Heathrow (LHR) 11 hours on Virgin Atlantic Airways

LAX to LHR (London Heathrow), then a connection to Edinburgh. Thank goodness it was British Airways, if it had been American or such we would have starved or paid the outrageous prices for food and not had money for the trip.

Most international meals are complimentary. You normally only need to pay for meals on domestic routes or short haul international flights.

Sorry, never saw that you ask a question.

Ya .64 was max range. We flew that speed tran-Atlatic too. The boss HATED stopping. We could have done .82 with a stop and been there just a quick, if not quicker depending on the turn.

Next month will set a new personal record at 7 hours for IAH-HNL flight. Right now I’m at 4 hours ORD-YVR.

In my own plane, HOU-KAPA and back, can take any where from 4:20 to 5:45 depending on TFR’s, winds, and my cheapness:)

In an airline, Seoul to LA. Don’t ask me how long it was. After a year on a base in Korea being on 15 minute alert for one third of the time, plus regular training, I was just happy to be going home.

I can’t think of a better reason to spend 7 hours on a plane than to fly to Honolulu. Hopefully, it’s for pleasure…?
Have fun!

Yes, 7 day cruise as a matter of fact. My first trip on a wide-body plane, as well.

I was wrong about my previous long though. It was EWR-LAS.

PDX-RJAA 10+ hrs. Used a few miles and upgraded to 1st class though, lucky me.

While Not non-stop I did have long trip put in perspective once. A couple years ago I was visiting relatives in Hawaii. For my trip back I boarded plane in Hilo just as the sun was setting. From Hilo I went HNL-SLC-ATL-BHM then had a 2 hour drive from BHM to Columbus, MS where I was stationed. As I was pulling into the edge of Columbus the sun was setting again.