Your favorite FBO.....and not so favorite

What is members told of their favorite FBO and why as well as the alternative…no mudd slinging!..Just state the facts. I think this my keep some of us from wasting our time…or not.

Favorites:

Wilson Air in MEM, great staff, great fuel reward program,great help.

Atlantic in TEB, never saw line guys work harder with everything they have to deal with, even though it’s an Atlantic it’s great

Pentastar in PTK, great for the above reasons.

Least favorites:

Signature MIA, Signature SFO, Signature DET, Signature BOS, Signature SAV, Signature BWI
won’t sling mud here, y’all know already

National Jets FLL.

Russ is good people, and the entire staff take care of business.

I totally forgot about them, We just had a phase inspection done there last weekend, and they went over and above to get it done before our departure. They also did it cheaper than we could do at home too! The CSR’s are easy on the eyes as well as totally competent!!!

It’s tough to find a good solid FBO in South Florida, we have been going to National Jets for about 2 years now, and they always do a fantastic job.

As far as South Florida, Galaxy at PBI, we WON’T go anywhere else on the field. Tony treats us like kings, even if we are just air lining through.

Great.
Wilson @ KCLT
Aero Dienst at Neurnberg.
West Star @ KGJT

Good.
Jet Aviation @ Basel
Western Aircrat @ KBOI
Texas Jet @KFTW

Not So good
Signature everywhere

more in each but these are the first to come to mind

Will agree with the above about Signature being a pretty universally disliked FBO, but Signature at HXD is one of my favorite spots. Great line service, always helpful on the inside as well. Not the cheapest but it’s worth it.

Hint: They give a fuel discount on the weekends.

Will agree with the above about Signature being a pretty universally disliked FBO, but Signature at HXD is one of my favorite spots. Great line service, always helpful on the inside as well. Not the cheapest but it’s worth it.

Hint: They give a fuel discount on the weekends.

That’s our competition they take food out my mouth

Wilson’s in MEM- got the best ham wraps in the vending machine.

TAC air in KTYS

That’s a bit melodramatic.:unamused: There’s all kinds of competition that affect sales at our organizations too. But that’s the kind of stuff that is beyond my, and your control.

After a bad experience at Banyan, I won’t go near FXE. Plus our business in S. FL is closer to FLL anyway.

DAMN is it pick on flyboy day? did I miss the memo?

Come over to Sano (use to be Aztec) we’ll hook you up. And don’t say that FXE is too far. it’s 5 miles from KFLL

I’m not pickin’ on ya’… I’m just sayin’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Dude…FXE and FLL are about 10 miles apart. Regardless, my peeps ultimate destination is less than 5 miles from FLL, where as it’s twice that from the corner of 50th St. and Powerline. We’ve done both and FLL is what “the man” wants…sorry.

well you have to do what the boss says.

HXD is the only monopoly Signature that I have ever been to that actually “negotiates” fuel price for regulars. We go in there a lot, and they always take good care of us and the owners.

Isn’t every day pick on you day! :smiley:

Will have to try Sano next time, I was through Aztec years ago, have the facilities been updated since the acquisition? I know the fuel price is very competitive.

You know how that goes… :wink:

it’s not as fancy as say Banyon- But Linda doesn’t charge an arm and a leg. Plus it’s right next to customs. The ground crew are top notch and if you’re lucky- you’ll see me trying to get a flight off in record time to save some poor chap that decided that renting a scooter in a foreign country was actually a good idea. (I call them organ donors)

While I have not had any bad experiences with any particular FBO or chain FBO, I avoid ANY FBO that charges handling fees even with a fill up. I do avoid the usual Signatures and Millionaires due to the excessive fuel gouging prices when compared to a neighboring FBO when available.

I can understand handling fees if I don’t fill up with fuel. I am using their resources so I don’t expect a free lunch.

My favorites (No particular order) thus far

KMEI Meridian Aviation - free lunch - yep contradicts the above, but I do fill up

KBTR PAI Aero - STELLAR service - can’t beat their courtesy car

KOWB - Mid American Jet- STELLAR service - “red carpet treatment”

KTUP - Tupelo Aviation GREAT Chocolate chip cookies

2G2 - Jefferson County airpark - Only place I have ever paid less then $3.00 per gallon for Av gas (about 2 years ago when this happened)

When multiple FBO’s are available at an airport, I select on location first and then fuel price if the difference is “minimal”. 50 cent per gallon difference is not minimal in my eyes.

Any TAC Air location and Landmark @ KADS

Millionaire @HOU is the best service and nicest people I have ever seen in any FBO I have ever visited. Thanks Keena, Sabrina, Cheyenne, Dancie and all the other nice people there.

My favorite:

Millionair at Albany

Why? Gotta love the free fountain Coke and a super nice staff that will bend over backwards to help you get a car when all the rental agencies say they are out.

Honorable Mention:

Atlantic at Fort Wayne. Also very nice line guys and the counter staff is awesome. Just no free goodies other than 5 cent candies.

Least favorite:

McKinley at Akron Canton.

Why? The line guys are not very nice, park you 500 yards away when the ramp is empty. The after hours service is absolutely dismal, with it taking 1 hour recently to get fuel. Just started going to Ultimate there, and they are great.

Dishonorable mention:

Banyon at FXE. Even if you call ahead to have your plane pulled up you still find it parked in hangar 39 which seems to be 5 miles away from the FBO.