Whats this?

Check this out and tell me what’s wrong.

flightaware.com/live/flight/BWA483

At least part of this flight occurs outside of FlightAware’s service area. Information on this page may be unreliable.

nope

Yep.

That’s the explanation for what you thought was wrong. It was showing altitude of 0 with speed of 500. Now it just shows a green trace that peters out about 3/4 through the flight.

Actually, it’s the flight status that I have never seen before.

Arriving shortly??? And progress bar shows N/A left?

Hmmm, maybe that’s the question the original poster is questioning.

That’s the two cent answer. :wink:

Once the flight was handed over to controller in Trinidad, the flight ceased to be the responsibility of the FAA, thus the abrupt end the the tracking line ( green ). Consistent if you look at the flight history.

FA gets its feed from the FAA / NAV Canada and most flights are tracked within the jurisdictions of the two countries. International flights are only tracked for the portion of the flight that lies within the U.S. or Canada. Flights to Europe and Asia end the same way over their respective oceans.

Or as Allen implies, maybe reference to other strange notations.

Different track log:

flightaware.com/live/flight/BWA4 … P/tracklog

picasaweb.google.com/allenlieber … 9293712898 for screenshot as something told me the status would change since posting :slight_smile:

You’re right. But check out the log page, why does it descend and climb so many times?

Since the flight terminates abnormally, the code that generates the tracklogs has a hard time telling where one flight ends and the next flight begins.