what type of plane is this on google earth

i was looking for the buckeye vor station which i could not find, but i stumbled onto this plane in the middle of the desert. most likely flying out of KPHX to or from the buckeye vor BXK towards BLH vor.

33 27.480 N
112 45.846 W

the colors dont look familiar.

no big deal either way just confused.

took a few tries to get past the debug thing.

Buckeye VOR

33.453456 -112.824592

I converted those coordinates from degrees-minutes to decimal degrees, then zoomed in on them in maps.google.com. (Sure enough, a plane). Then I clicked on the word “Link” in the upper right corner of the image. That gave me a lengthy URL for that view. Then I used tinyurl.com to make a smaller version of it.
tinyurl.com/mvvcpe
(You can do this too. Hint hint.)

The Google distance measuring tool says the AC is 115 ft from nose to tail. (Plus or minus, of course.) That makes it in the DC9/B717 class. Because it’s a satellite photo, there’s no way to guess the altitude. Therefore it’s much more likely to be at cruise altitude than coming from the local airport.

Cool!
tinyurl.com/lygyr5

yes i eventually found the vor, thanks
also i looked at the trucks and bridge and noticed the shadows are at 11 o,clock so i tried to follow the planes shadow heading in the 11 oclock direction, but since i dont know the planes elevation the shadow can be several miles away. but i still assumed the plane left phoenix and at about 3000 fpm climb it is about 40 miles west of kphx well i got confused.
there is also a nuclear power plant about 7 miles south west of the plane, one that i worked at for 10 years, i also figured the plane was just following I-10 incase it needed a place to land.

anyway i thought maybe the plane wasnt really a plane but a sand sculpture or some type of gag that people play on google like chinas aircraft carrier they build in a small lake

31 6.319’N
121 0.894’E

That looks more like a water tank to me.

A water tank with a spike coming out the top of it?

No wonder I get lost all the time.

What hospital do you work at?

Looks like an MD-88 to me. that was a lucky picture taken by the sat

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/5305781.jpg

…and if you ever need lat/long for navaids just got to airnav.com/navaids/

yes i agree, i try to find all the time around airports with planes in the air, and here i wasnt looking for that at all.

I’m a traveling nurse, i work at 3 or 4 different ones a year. usually 13 weeks at a time, now and then i will extend if i like the facility and they are paying good. My last assignment was in Michigan where they were starting a new ICU and needed staff on <24 hours notice. Then had patients in the OR with no ICU or ICU staff on the campus, then rooms were not even set up to monitor cardiac patients let alone ICU patients. about 12 of us showed up and the hospital manager showed up with a stack of blank checks to buy supplies and equipment. was borderline dangerous/negligent, but we had the HP reps up with monitors in 6 hours and so on and so forth. its weird to have to take a blood pressure the old fashioned way, with a cuff and stethoscope, I’m used to pushing a button and letting the machine do it. Then 21 days later as fast as they flew us out there and manned their ICU, they let us go once they were up and running. $100/hr seems like a lot but with no notice, no guarantees, no benefits, no insurance, no nothing but cash, then we take out taxes, rental car, hotel costs, we net under 500 a day. its good money but its not steady at all, but then i don’t have to work for a year if i don’t want.