VRS 3.0.0 and WebAdmin

Having an issue with version 2.4.4 (No aircraft icons on map) I tried V3 beta and all working fine except the webadmin plugin doesn’t work. Says does not work with versions past 2.4.9999

I have version 3.0.0 working from a cloud server. Did initial set up by copying the .local/share/VRS/Configuration.xml file to my cloud version and it seemed to work, or so I thought.

Anyone using V3 with webadmin?

Geoff

V3 plugins can be downloaded here Release v3.0.0-preview-10 [Windows .NET Framework] · vradarserver/vrs · GitHub scroll right to the bottom

Images won’t show, but you can get a plugin for them here Release AirportData Thumbnails [Windows] · vradarserver/vrs-other-plugins · GitHub

Thanks for prompt reply, they appear to be ‘windows’ files. I am running Linux.

Version 2.4.4 would probably work but when installed locally no aircraft icons show on map, stalk and details do but no aircraft. The folder is in the correct place but cannot see any setting for this in the configuration.

Geoff

I’m running beta 3.0.0 and webadmin doesn’t work for me either, at least on port 8080.

http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualRadar/WebAdmin/Settings.html

Mine actually says will not work on versions later than 2.4.9999 - annoyingly makes configuration changes difficult (or maybe impossible) on a remote installation.

Geoff

I looked into the webadmin plugin and it says the address should be
http://127.0.0.1/VirtualRadar/WebAdmin/Settings.html
i.e., port 80
Still not working.

Well, now I can’t get webadmin to work with v2.4.4 either.

Edit: It works. I just had to pause my VPN.

Second edit: OK, getting confused accessing the two VRS instances. I CAN’T get to webadmin in v2.4.4, but I CAN with v3 when I pause my VPN connection.

1 Like

On 2.4.4 I can’t get any aircraft icons on the map, stalk there, flight details there but no aircraft.

I’ve seen mention that mono may be the issue, I am not a windows user so using mono is a mystery to me.

Geoff

1 Like

If you can get to your VRS user interface, go to Tools > Options > Plugins. Open the webadmin plugin and change the default access to unrestricted.

Untitled

If I go to the plugin section for webadmin it displays the message.

Will not work on versions later than 2.4.9999 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Geoff

1 Like

Well, I guess that’s one difference between the Windows and Linux versions.

1 Like

I’ve got a complicated workaround that seems to work.

I configure my remote system on my local machine, nothing will work as connection details are different.

I then copy contents of .local/share/VRS/ to my remote system and it seems to work. Pretty sure I am copying more than I need but it works :sunglasses:

Geoff

Getting it running including Web Admin on Linux is quite easy.
Install Mono (which you should have already) and copy the files from the archives to a destination folder.

Then launch vrs without gui and the special command to create a web admin followed the instructions on the site:

change user and pass according to your needs.
If you need to change it afterwards, you will need to remove the local config folder which is stored in the user profile who was running the command.

Don’t mix the version of VRS and its plugins.

All Version 3 tarballs are here: Release v3.0.0-preview-10 [Linux / Mac OSX Mono] · vradarserver/vrs · GitHub

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.