VIP TFR

I was browsing through TFRs yesterday when I found these two:
New Orleans
Baton Rouge

It seems the “VIP” is flying from New Orleans to Baton Rouge, but for the life of me I can’t think of who it could be. Any ideas?

POTUS visit :smiley: Fun fun!

Way down on the bottom of this Notam format you’ll find this little nugget of information:

Authority: Sec. 91.141

That section of the FAR’s is normally used to justify a Presidential or VEEP movement.

Sec. 91.141 - Flight restrictions in the proximity of the Presidential and other parties.

No person may operate an aircraft over or in the vicinity of any area to be visited or traveled by the President, the Vice President, or other public figures contrary to the restrictions established by the Administrator and published in a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM).

MEXICAN AIR FORCE 1 Just landed at Louis Armstrong International.MAF 1

Yea after lots of research have found that the President is coming to BR tommorow from New Orleans and lucky me it is a day where I am off so I will be going to the airport to see Air Force One! :smiley: I’ll make sure to take lots of pics and video to show you guys. Thanks to all who responded! :smiley:

Holton

I know we can track MAF 1. And we can’t track our AF1. Can we track Canada’s?

Another question, for those who may know. I read (or heard) that when POTUS flies, a back-up plane also goes. Does anybody know if that’s true. And if so, would it’s call sign be “AF SAM 28000 (or 29000)” {assuming it’s one of the 747s}

Thanks.

The back up aircraft are actually SAM XXXXX (C-20C )military designator actually Gulfstream jets(G-3 and 4) which fly ahead of AIR FORCE ONE land at an alternate site and also relay weather and other information to Air Force One by a Interplane Frequency.

The 89th doesn’t operate the Gulfstream IV. I’ve seen a variety of other aircraft act as back up.

Current fleet:
VC-25A “Air Force One” (Boeing 747)
C-20B (Gulfstream III)
C-32A (Boeing 757)
C-37A (Gulfstream V)
C-40B (Boeing 737)

I don’t know about tracking. You’ll have to let us know. The Canadian PM flies on a CC-150 (Airbus A310-300).

I am pretty sure that a backup VC-25 flies with him wherever he goes. It just lands at a different airport as a decoy. There are actually 4 planes painted in Air Force One colors:
Air Force One- 28000
Air Force One- 29000
Air Force One- SAM 28000
Air Force One- SAM 29000

So if he is flying on 28000, SAM 28000 is flying somewhere else as a decoy. I think this is correct and if I can I will try to see what the tail number is today. But you still can’t track SAM 28000 because it is still “Air Force One”.

These are only two aircraft. The call sign is Air Force One when the president is on board and SAM 28000 or 29000 when he isn’t. There are only two VC-25s in the Air Force.

But you still can’t track SAM 28000 because it is still “Air Force One”.

This I know. I know this because when I discovered FlightAware, I probably spent a couple of hours trying to find it!! I swear to God, guys, I’m not a moron!

Technically, you can’t track it because it’s a military flight, not because it may be using the call sign Air Force One.