View the 978 traffic separately

One of my rPi devices is at an airport. I added an orange radio for the 978 traffic, and it is successfully sending data on both. However I was wondering if it’s possible to be able to see that traffic separately. Without it being a different site, I don’t see a way to identify if a given target is sending 978 or 1090 signals. Is there a way to filter it on SkyAware Anywhere or get a list on the statistics page?

I’ve also lost the ability to view the local site map when at the location. I suspect that when they updated the guest wifi at the airport, they blocked peer to peer traffic. Works great if the RPi is here, doesn’t work there. Glad we at least have the Anywhere option.

I guess I’m answering my own question. I see in the flight logs that the 978 traffic shows as “[FlightAware ADS-B (UAT/978)]” and it just says “[FlightAware ADS-B]” if it’s 1090. You have to dig for it a bit. Would be cool if there could be a filter on Anywhere, but this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.