Trying to find an aircraft

Does anyone know of a few ways for looking up an aircraft registration? I would like to see if I could track a country singer’s private jet. I tried googling it without any luck. I also tried searching the FAA registry, but it must be listed under a pseudo company name. The only other thing I could think of was searching airliners.net, but once again no luck as of yet. I’m pretty sure he bought a Learjet last year (don’t know the model), and I know it flew on June 9th from New York to Nashville, because he was doing a GMA interview/concert and then did a concert in Nashville that night. Thanks…

You can go to the FAA’s Aircraft Registry to search by various criteria.

The aircraft you are looking for may be registered under a generic name like N132 LLC or under the name of another company. The guy may even charter aircraft or use a fractional company such as NetJets to fly around in.

There’s a good possibility that if you do find the aircraft you won’t be able to track it because it is blocked (see the Questions/Answers section).

He could even fly commercial airlines.

Just read not too long ago that Google doesn’t like being a verb so you can’t “google” something. Rather, they want you to say that you used Google to find something.

Good think I don’t care what Google says. ‘Google’ as a verb has become part of the public lexicon, and they can’t do anything about it.

Kinda silly of them, do they actually think people are going to stop using google as a verb? Once a word enters the common verancular it is not going to be easily changed by a corporate policy.
As jreeves mentioned a while back Adobe doesn’t want “photoshop” to be a verb either. They have a whole document describing how they want people to use the name. A person can’t photoshop a picture, “the image was enhanced using Adobe Photoshop software”

[Edit: I really have to stop watching TV when I’m trying to post a reply. it takes me too long. Great minds think alike Newark]

They do indeed. 8)

This attempt to protect a genericized trademark name will be as much of an exercise in futility for Google as it was for Xerox, Kleenex, Scotch tape, Escalator, Hoover, Allen wrench, Aspirin, etc., etc.

Google is actually in the dictionary as a verb!
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/google
It’s waaaaaay too late for them to do anything about it. My advice to them is, “Get used to it!”