Track 2week old airline flight route to find laptop

I am a graduate student and I left my laptop (containing my masters thesis) on an airplane. I filed a lost and found report, but no one could tell me where that airplane went to next. Is it possible to find out where this airplane went, given the info below, which is mostly likely the airport where it would have been reported, since this next flight was a through-flight with no “cleaning” by the stewards! I did find out that the flight number flies a loop (PWM to ORD and back to PWM), but I know that the actual airplane (not sure of its number) was a through-flight and thus went to a different airport next.

Flight info:

United Airlines Flight #5390:
Departure
Airport: (PWM) Portland International Jetport
Portland, ME, US
Scheduled: Mon - Jan 05, 2009 5:25 PM
Actual: Mon - Jan 05, 2009 5:19 PM
Local Time: Mon - Jan 12, 2009 9:21 PM

Arrival
Airport: (ORD) O’Hare International Airport
Chicago, IL, US
Scheduled: Mon - Jan 05, 2009 7:14 PM
Actual: Mon - Jan 05, 2009 7:17 PM
Arrived at gate 3 min later than scheduled
Gate: C8 (Terminal 1)

Thank you eternally for any help you can provide!!!

If you listened to Rush Limbaugh and Laura Ingraham, you’d know about http://www.carbonite.com

Contact the airline. Simply, there is no way to track that plane except maybe by ACARS. You can search for info about that on here, but you can’t track that on here.

UA5390 does not exist. Do you mean UA5396?

flightaware.com/live/flight/GJS5396

In any event, contact United airlines eventhough this route was flown by GoJet. Also, I hope everything works out, but if the laptop was left on the plane, and not put in lost and found, I hate to say it but I think it’s long gone by now. :frowning:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/GJS5390/history/20090105/2240Z/KPWM/KORD

Looks like your flight was operated by GoJet as a United Express. Try contacting United and GoJet too. Keep in mind GoJet is owned by Trans States so you might contact them as well.

GoJet Airlines LLC
11495 Navaid Road Suite 303
Bridgeton, MO 63044
PHONE: (314) 222-4777
FAX: (314) 222-4793

E-mail us: info@gojetairlines.com

Also check out Kim Komando’s website. She has links to some services that can track a stolen laptop. I assume you’d have to employ these before you laptop was stolen, but I haven’t looked into each of them. In theory it seems like you could track down a laptop when it logs onto the internet.

It’s only a theory, even when tracking software is loaded on the laptop prior to loss.

And don’t even bother with the police, they’re not interested in finding important laptops lost by our government, let alone some civilian’s.

Offer a reward for it and make sure that all the GoJet cleaning crews know about it.

If you contacted GoJet, you can find out what the actual aircraft you were flying on (i.e. Registration Number). That number will not change no matter what. The airline can find out exactly where the airplane is currently, was in the past, and going to in the future. They would be the people to talk to because they can notify a base where the aircraft will be to search the aircraft. I wouldn’t give up so soon.