There must be more to this story?

** Report created 2/2/2009 Record 22 **

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 2424A Make/Model: PA18 Description: PA-18 Super Cub (L-18C, L-21, U-7)
Date: 02/01/2009 Time: 2045

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Unknown

DESCRIPTION
WHILE ATTEMPTING TO TAKE OFF, A JEEP DROVE UP TO THE AIRCRAFT AND THE WING
OF THE AIRCRAFT HIT THE JEEP. THE JEEP CRASHED INTO A TREE FATALLY INJURING
BOTH OCCUPANTS. THE AIRCRAFT DID NOT TAKE OFF.

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 1 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: 1953Z 15009 10 SM FEW 043 BKN 070 14/07 3017

OTHER DATA
Activity: Pleasure Phase: Take-off Operation: OTHER

FAA FSDO: ORLANDO, FL (SO15) Entry date: 02/02/2009

Found THIS

…they are still investigating why the Jeep was riding alongside the plane.

Incident was probably preceded by the words, “Hold my beer… I’m gonna try sumthin’…”

Followed by a game of chicken or just how close can we get…

Be interesting to hear the pilots side of this story.

I was expecting kids who pulled up to the local unfenced airport, in the middle of nowhere. More interesting is that these people were middle aged and prominent buisiness owners etc. Interesting indeed. Wonder if maybe they were filming the take off or something, of course JHEM your speculation might be right too!

I have an excellent alibi. Rock solid.

There must be more to this story?

I keep waiting for Paul Harvey to chime in here, but he hasn’t. He must know the rest of the story…

Events such as these are why cars should have CVRs! :smiling_imp:

That’s a very likely scenario.

the insurance companies would be rich because they wouldnt have to pay a dime to anyone. if they were cvr’s :unamused:

Hello OnStar?

Many cars do have computers that record a number of parameters. I have heard of these being used against the car’s owner.

Meaning likely :unamused:
or likely :exclamation: ?

Damn waste of a Super Cub.

fully aware of this. just sayin that if the whole world had them we would be in a world of hurt. a friend of mine said he got a call from onstar, that told him if he did not quit speeding that they would void his warranty. dont know if that is true, but it is plausible.

It will be very very interesting to see the final report on this one??

No, it’s not plausible.

Meaning likely, as in it is good chance that that’s what they were doing.

gotcha, I started second guessing my theory as it sounded sorta stupid, then again, driving next to an aircraft in T/O roll probably doesnt get you on the Dean’s List at Harvard.
I guess I was thinking in terms of You Tube. “Here’s a video of me in a spin”, then someone else has to top it, “here’s a video of me doing a 10 revolution spin”…hopefully I’m wrong.

I can’t think of a better “reason” to run a vehicle next to an airplane during a takeoff roll. Not sayin’ that that’s a GOOD reason to do it, just sayin’ that it makes sense.

my gps can tell me how fast i am going, why wouldnt it be possible.??

sooner or later, i think we will know the whole truth, its is being made into a movie of the week, right now. the title of the movie is the stupidest way to die a young death…LOL jus joking