Tar1090 -- improved webinterface for dump1090-fa and readsb

This is a limitation of the decluttering of Openlayers6.
Normally once you move the map a bit more, it stops.
I had noticed it too but found no work-around i could apply.

Yes.

Thanks - it is a minor, intermittent issue, and the “move the map” workaround is an easy fix when it does happen. I was worried that it might indicate a problem with my specific setup.

John

Is there a way to filter a specific type out?
E.g. i do not want to see the gliders but everything else
Setting it to GLID shows this type only, but i would like to have the other way round

Mysterious plane.

Broadcasting category C0
Hard to see because the bar on the left isn’t quite doing wha tit should and the ADS-B version is blocking it.

Some military helicopters seem to like broadcasting that wrong category which is for ground vehicles.

1 Like

Nice to know. I guess I would be more amazed if I saw a silhouette of a pick-up truck flying there…

Thanks for including “DWD RADOLAN” as an overlay, @wiedehopf.
It shows some nice thundercloud evading manoeuvers on my ADS-B receiver!

3 Likes

I’m trying to install tar1090 on PiAware 3.8.1 using the install script provided in @wiedehopf Git README but I’m getting the following error.

sudo bash -c “$(wget -nv -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiedehopf/tar1090/master/install.sh)”
remote: Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
From GitHub - wiedehopf/tar1090-db: Database repo for tar1090 using the database maintained by https://github.com/Mictronics/readsb

• branch master → FETCH_HEAD*
      HEAD is now at abed8cd DB update
      fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
      [ERROR] Error in line 88 when executing: git fetch origin master

Maybe I’m being dumb, but I’ve no idea how to fix it… can anyone help? TIA

It turns out the files didn’t download properly the first time I ran the command, so I had to remove the directories the script created and do it again.

The install script seemed to cause my Pi to reboot after creating the symlink as I was getting another error but I’ve managed to install now. (Helps to not have dump1090 web interface open at the same time - Doh!)

That shouldn’t have any effect.

I’ll look into putting a check in the script that catches the problem you encountered.

I get the impression you have underlying issue like sd-card corruption or something like that.

Check if anything in this command stands out:

dmesg

Hi guys,
could you please help me, I have searched a while on internet and I did not found an answer.
I will run out of storage soon, and I do not know which data should I remove or archive.

RPi generates everyday at 0:00 the heatmaps for the last 24hours, and you can see there was a small jump down at which time I deleted the ones which were older than 1 month, but it helped not so much.

sudo apt install ncdu
sudo ncdu /

show the result please.
or rather press enter for the largest entry and check where all the files are :wink:

1 Like

thanks your quick reply, most of the files are in the “tmp” folder:

What are these log files?
Are they for the timelaps1090?

My stuff doesn’t fill up your disk usually :wink:

sudo lsof | grep /tmp/dump
1 Like

Thank you so much for your help! Now it is clear what is collecting the data:

socket300 30352 root 4w REG 179,2 173835883 51857 /tmp/dump1090-127_0_0_1-200809.txt

I have some time ago installed the socket30003, but so far not really used, and I forgot that it is still running. (I am using the “adsbcompare” to generate the heatmaps)

1 Like

I have a question regarding the DWD Radolan overlay which can be selected from the maps menu

How accurate is this or better where does the data come from and how often is it updated?
Is this the information i am looking for?

Thanks

Probably.

I’ve never looked at it exactly, just implemented the source someone gave me.
It’s updated every 4 minutes on the tar1090 interface side, openLayers is a bit annoying in regard to how that’s managed.

Server side updates, no clue how often that is, probably every 5 minutes …
So worst case i’d expect 10 to 15 min delay from real time.

1 Like

Perfect thanks.

I was just wondering because the map was very accurate while we had a thunderstorm here an hour ago. Haven’t seen the accuracy so far on any of the other weather pages.

Will take tar1090 now for getting a forecast :slight_smile:

People who like coverage might consider an update, it’s now easier than ever to draw the tracks for the last 8 hours:
Update tar1090, wait for the history to populate.

/tar1090/?pTracks will show you tracks for the last 8 hours (maximum unless otherwise configured)
/tar1090/?pTracks=2.5 will show you tracks for the last 2 and a half hours.

Changing / adding PTRACKS=24 to the /etc/default/tar1090 configuration will extend the maximum time of history available via /tar1090/?pTracks (after a restart of tar1090 or reboot)

10 Likes