Stats page control panel

Seeing something new on the user stats page, a new control panel section. “My ADSB” now lets one select several things…

Looks like a inkling of some new functionality… Betcha there is more to come.

Noted stats may not be updating as often though… Used to rarely go over 15 minutes, saw 20 min and 35 min refresh times so far… May be part of getting new code running tho.

flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/{your_username}

Going to my link, I see the three FA feeders that I have registered. One is 24/7 on a newer box, one the original used when traveling, and a new test bed. The ‘new’ functionality is being able to see them at one time. Format has been shifting, as expected in a new development environment.

You guys are fast!

Starting by early week, you’ll be able to rename them as well (e.g., “Office Roof” or “Back of Hangar”), so you don’t have to remember the ID. The same release will also include tail number on the stats page next to the flight #s.

Yes, I agree the stats are too slow. We built it when we had <100 feeders and now we have >1000. We’re in the middle of migrating to a new system that will update quite a bit more frequently (maybe every 10-15min instead of every 20-40min) and also provide hourly granularity rather than per-day. It will also respect your local time zone preferences rather than just using UTC. We’ll also be providing live feeder status, independent of stats.

LOL. I’d be interested in what your pre-launch projections for sites coming on board. You still should get a Chrismas card from raspberry.org at the very least.
Back when IBM launched their 360 series computer, they estimated selling about 300. I think it was 1300-1400 before the 370 came out.
Best wishes on scaling well.

Hi,

Two minor bugs in the new stats panel (might already have been notified but did not see, do you have a bugtracker btw? that would be more suited to this kind of discussion than a forum).

1/ Changing the mail notification period does not show when changing the value. It briefly shows when changing site and is correctly recorded, but it’s weird to select a value in the combo and not seing it displayed directly

2/ Accuracy is by default set to 1km. but in my case , station position is displayed exactly the same in my view and the public view when not logged in as myself on FA. I guess it is a side effect of accuracy being a simple rouding of the coords.

Regards,

Yeah we’ll improve it to be more intuitive.

2/ Accuracy is by default set to 1km. but in my case , station position is displayed exactly the same in my view and the public view when not logged in as myself on FA. I guess it is a side effect of accuracy being a simple rouding of the coords.

The “exact” setting does no rounding, the “1km” rounds it to two decimal places, and the “10km” setting rounds it to one decimal place. If your second or third decimal place is a zero, yes it’ll coincidentally be accurate, but there’s no way for anyone to discern that, so it’s just as random.

Will correcting the site location start working? Post web site change, when trying to change the location, the change button no longer refreshes the Google map. You can’t get past that to confirm the location.

Not fixed yet…soon.

This is now released. The “Last Seen” is now (almost) live instead of depending on stats updates.

Yes, I agree the stats are too slow. We built it when we had <100 feeders and now we have >1000. We’re in the middle of migrating to a new system that will update quite a bit more frequently (maybe every 10-15min instead of every 20-40min) and also provide hourly granularity rather than per-day. It will also respect your local time zone preferences rather than just using UTC. We’ll also be providing live feeder status, independent of stats.

This is done and in QA with a few bug fixes…will be available early next week.

Hi,
The just-pushed web site update, on the “Flights” pane under My ADS-B, has added the tracked aircraft N number however the column headers have not updated to add this column.

But who’s working on Thanksgiving?

Don

Believe it or not, we had that working but a mistake caused the problem as part of the work on the new stats system that will show live aircraft. Anyway, it’s fixed now. And I am only working on Thanksgiving because I wanted to get these new features out! They were ready a couple days ago but we don’t do releases on the day before a holiday due to site traffic and staffing.

You da man. But get that turkey into the oven!

Great idea, fewer users and those that are on probably are kinder in pointing glitches out! Don’t forget to baste. Merry Turkey :slight_smile:

Crosschecking site 2394 against PP looks good - slight difference in counts attributable to different reporting cycles, but real close match. Site 3745 on briefly with less range on antenna still shows location issue. No longer states changed location too far to process. Just does not take either hard coding, or ‘Use my current location’. Not a big issue, just reporting it. Progress is good.

The “recent flights” tables are now live/real-time

Thanx, the x seconds ago looks good. Don’t know about the polling interval, but page refresh show proper aging. :smiley:

To clarify, it currently only updates on page refresh – but the data is live at that point.

I typically have 50+ aircraft with position information (based on dump1090’s map), but only 4-8 are showing up at a time under recent flights + additional recent flights on the control panel - is that expected?

(Which flights are listed changes around a lot on each refresh, too, so maybe I’m only seeing a random subset of the full list?)

Seeing a new option on my “homepage.” Interesting options added.

Can we get an overview? I do realize some are probably obvious but others are… not…

Awesome. Keep up the great work.