southwest airlines

Does southwest airlines have plans to add service between stl and bna?8)

Let me check my crystal ball, I’ll get back to you.

I’m still waiting for their ABE-MMU service to open up.

What would a flight like that cost, like $3? I’m afraid you’re going to have to drive yourself and your dirty laundry home from school for a while longer. :slight_smile:

Haha, I guess a 45 minute drive isn’t that bad. :wink:

And knowing the airlines, they’d still charge upwards of $300 for the ticket. :confused:

And I am still waiting for BFL to anywhere!! Delta & United want my first born, both arms, and one leg to fly into there. Continental is at least decent, as is Mesa at times. Then again, Mexicana (I am pretty sure that is the Mexican airline that will be coming in) will be doing round robins to Mexico, but that doesn’t help my cause any.

Anyway, they would make serious caysh (thank you Jim Rome) with a BFL-LAS flight. Yes, it is only a 5 hour drive, but I would rather drive from TUL to BFL on I-40 than do that drive.

To get back to the OP’s question, Welcome to the forums, but I don’t really have an answer for you. BNA is one of only 2 relatively close southwest cities not served from STL nonstop. The other is Indianapolis. Both would be very short flights, but then again so is STL-LOU and STL-MCI and they do run those flights. Maybe Dami, the southwest guru, can shed some light on this issue…if we can catch him in a good mood. (mondays are usually good, but by Tuesday the “girlfriend high” has worn off.)

My opinion is that it is a simple matter of assigning limited resources (i.e. B737’s) to the city pairs with the best potential for profits. Southwest is searching for new aircraft because its current fleet is insufficient for growth.

" Time flies when you’re having fun!

More than 35 years ago, Rollin King and Herb Kelleher got together and decided to start a different kind of airline. They began with one simple notion: If you get your passengers to their destinations when they want to get there, on time, at the lowest possible fares, and make darn sure they **have a good time **doing it, people will fly your airline. And you know what? They were right."

I just guess you guys in St. Louis just don’t know how to have enough fun for the Southwest business model. :wink:

southwest.com/about_swa/press/prindex.html

Earlier today (Nov 16th), they made a major announcement for additional service that begins in March with more additions in April.

The link above does NOT go right to the story you have to select it from others on the same page.

This link goes directly to the story
What you need to do is to open only the frame that contains the story and get the URL. Alternatively, and much quicker, is to right click on the link and copy the link location.

thanks to all who wrote----I checked the new flights referred to in the announcement. Unfortunatly the only new flight from STL is an additional DAL run.

Guess I’ll just have to keep dodging 200 lb. bucks on I-24. 8)