SkyView for public viewing

Just started feeding ADS-B data to FlightAware via FlightFeeder. Just curious if anyone opens up their SkyView console to the Internet? I currently have mine open via reverse proxy through CloudFlare. I find myself watching it on a separate screen for most of the day at work. I’ve found a few publicly accessible sites using shodan.

Coincidently, I did this very thing this week, but stopped after 2 days.

In my case, it was just to see how it is done. Not sure if I would leave it on permanently.

The only harm I could see is opening up the port but since my reverse proxy prevents that, I think I’m ok. The SkyView console offers no admin functions from what I can tell. I can’t even shell into the FlightFeeder (by design).

I don’t use Skyview however I have Virtual Radar Service that runs on my little home server 24/7. We use it at work alot (FBO).

I used port forwarding in the router, but I don’t know enough about the subject to feel comfortable leaving it on the internet permanently.

I started using VRS as well. I like the web interface but it has its limitations.

VRS is nice. I wish it included log/report data exporting, and saving the plane pictures to the PC.